Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-25-2021, 10:19 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 10:07 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Can we make 100 pages out of this molehill of a story?  Halfway there...

The real crazy story is this thread has almost 32k views  Cry

Not enough...   We need to start twitting it.  I don't twit, so I'll defer to those that actually use social media.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hi guys, just introducing myself.  Full disclosure, I'm interested in the Tebow story and I find that message boards are the best place to find it.  Further disclosure, I have two kids at Clemson and I'm a big fan of both Lawrence and Etienne, so it seemed a perfect hobby for me to somewhat follow the Jags.  I did go to UF, love Jax the city/area, and would love to see a southern team like the Jags thrive.  But I've not been a fan heretofore and want to be honest about that.  

I would only share one thing into the mix that Tebow's detractors/skeptics never seem to be aware -- the kid is a physical freak for what he does.  His 3 cone drill was off the charts at the combine.  So was his 20 yard shuttle.  His 40 time was ho-hum to say the least (though only .06 slower than Cam's, and I think Cam would be a beast at TE), but his 10 yard split and 20 yard split were, again, incredible.  He does not have downfield, high gear speed.  But at close quarters he is one of the most natural, quick, and instinctive runners ever.  It will be interesting to see if he can make a contribution as something like an H Back TE.

I think his value as punt protector and gadget player are obvious and elite -- but you have to be able to play an actual position to be useful as a decoy or special play runner.  You can't help the team if the defense always knows what you are in for.  It will be interesting enough to see if Tebow can achieve and display enough competence at the more conventional aspects of the position to be able to help with his special abilities.  I'm not sure if his physical quickness (which is fantastic) translates enough to being useful as a position player.  I cannot imagine how hard it must be to learn how to block or run routes at this stage of his career.

(05-25-2021, 12:51 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: Hi guys, just introducing myself.  Full disclosure, I'm interested in the Tebow story and I find that message boards are the best place to find it.  Further disclosure, I have two kids at Clemson and I'm a big fan of both Lawrence and Etienne, so it seemed a perfect hobby for me to somewhat follow the Jags.  I did go to UF, love Jax the city/area, and would love to see a southern team like the Jags thrive.  But I've not been a fan heretofore and want to be honest about that.  

I would only share one thing into the mix that Tebow's detractors/skeptics never seem to be aware -- the kid is a physical freak for what he does.  His 3 cone drill was off the charts at the combine.  So was his 20 yard shuttle.  His 40 time was ho-hum to say the least (though only .06 slower than Cam's, and I think Cam would be a beast at TE), but his 10 yard split and 20 yard split were, again, incredible.  He does not have downfield, high gear speed.  But at close quarters he is one of the most natural, quick, and instinctive runners ever.  It will be interesting to see if he can make a contribution as something like an H Back TE.

I think his value as punt protector and gadget player are obvious and elite -- but you have to be able to play an actual position to be useful as a decoy or special play runner.  You can't help the team if the defense always knows what you are in for.  It will be interesting enough to see if Tebow can achieve and display enough competence at the more conventional aspects of the position to be able to help with his special abilities.  I'm not sure if his physical quickness (which is fantastic) translates enough to being useful as a position player.  I cannot imagine how hard it must be to learn how to block or run routes at this stage of his career.

Welcome to the board and to Jags fandom in general. 

Tebow had some impressive combine results as you mentioned.  That was in 2010, though.  
When the first regular season game is played, Tebow will be 34 years old. 
I don't think we can rationally assume his 20 yard split is still what it was 11 years ago.

(05-25-2021, 12:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 12:51 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: Hi guys, just introducing myself.  Full disclosure, I'm interested in the Tebow story and I find that message boards are the best place to find it.  Further disclosure, I have two kids at Clemson and I'm a big fan of both Lawrence and Etienne, so it seemed a perfect hobby for me to somewhat follow the Jags.  I did go to UF, love Jax the city/area, and would love to see a southern team like the Jags thrive.  But I've not been a fan heretofore and want to be honest about that.  

Welcome to the board and to Jags fandom in general. 

Tebow had some impressive combine results as you mentioned.  That was in 2010, though.  
When the first regular season game is played, Tebow will be 34 years old. 
I don't think we can rationally assume his 20 yard split is still what it was 11 years ago.
No. He's not a physical freak and can not duplicate any of those times that he got at the combine.

Julio Jones is a physical freak. Calvin Johnson was a physical freak. Tim Tebow is not.

Those combine numbers says he was a physical freak. Whether he still is will be seen soon.

(05-25-2021, 01:59 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Those combine numbers says he was a physical freak. Whether he still is will be seen soon.

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Always has. Always will.

Gronkowski can play great TE and he doesn't have any knees and they have to stop him from eating all the chalk in the playroom. I think Timmy can handle a few snaps a game.

(05-25-2021, 02:39 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Gronkowski can play great TE and he doesn't have any knees and they have to stop him from eating all the chalk in the playroom. I think Timmy can handle a few snaps a game.

LMAO. I can see Gronk eating chalk. Lol

(05-25-2021, 02:39 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: Gronkowski can play great TE and he doesn't have any knees and they have to stop him from eating all the chalk in the playroom. I think Timmy can handle a few snaps a game.

I think it's cute you think there is any intellectual difference between Gronk and Tebow.

There's a crapload of athletic and toughness difference though. Hint.. it's all in Gronk's favor.

I sure hope we didn't just pay a guy 8 years removed from the game almost a million bucks to provide punt protection.

Welcome to the board, the healthiest approach to Teebs is to expect nothing. If he makes the roster, yippie. If he gets a catch, whoop de doo. I ain't banking on him doing much more than polarize a fanbase as to why they even bothered bringing him in.

(05-25-2021, 02:36 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 01:59 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: Those combine numbers says he was a physical freak. Whether he still is will be seen soon.

Always has. Always will.
I've never been a Tebow fan, in fact I despised the guy @ UF. Dude was a beast though, you're a whack [BLEEP] keyboard tough guy. I'll put my money on Tim over you in an Oklahoma drill any day.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I agree that the passage of time, combined with being out of the league during that time, are big factors in what he can do. It seems some posters were never even aware that his abilities were freakish even by NFL standards.

He's a heavy (though ripped) player, and his vertical was 5 inches higher than Etienne's, his 10 yard split was about the same as Etienne's. For perspective, Tim's 3 cone would have been the fastest 3 cone at the 2020 combine. Second fastest at the 2019. 9th fastest in 2018. And all of the comparable times are by much lighter players.

Ever wonder what makes coaches intrigued by Tebow? He's one of the best short yardage, multi-skill players ever. Does he still have that quickness? Don't know. Can he competently block, run routes, catch, or do other things that are needed to hold down a position? Don't know.

Travis is going to be throwing so many sweet BB's it's going to be hard to notice.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2021, 05:26 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(05-25-2021, 12:51 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I think his value as punt protector

enjoy --- #15 on the left

https://twitter.com/i/status/1391854224355516426

Another one with him as a TE.  Notice the nice rounded route

https://twitter.com/i/status/1391756192624652294

(05-25-2021, 05:24 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 12:51 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I think his value as punt protector

enjoy --- #15 on the left

https://twitter.com/i/status/1391854224355516426

Another one with him as a TE.  Notice the nice rounded route

https://twitter.com/i/status/1391756192624652294

Typical Sanchez throw

(05-25-2021, 05:14 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I agree that the passage of time, combined with being out of the league during that time, are big factors in what he can do.  It seems some posters were never even aware that his abilities were freakish even by NFL standards.  

He's a heavy (though ripped) player, and his vertical was 5 inches higher than Etienne's, his 10 yard split was about the same as Etienne's.  For perspective, Tim's 3 cone would have been the fastest 3 cone at the 2020 combine.  Second fastest at the 2019.  9th fastest in 2018.  And all of the comparable times are by much lighter players.

Ever wonder what makes coaches intrigued by Tebow? He's one of the best short yardage, multi-skill players ever.  Does he still have that quickness?  Don't know.  Can he competently block, run routes, catch, or do other things that are needed to hold down a position?  Don't know.

Travis is going to be throwing so many sweet BB's it's going to be hard to notice.
Which coaches exactly are intrigued by Tebow? Because I only know of one and it’s his friend....

(05-25-2021, 05:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-25-2021, 05:14 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: I agree that the passage of time, combined with being out of the league during that time, are big factors in what he can do.  It seems some posters were never even aware that his abilities were freakish even by NFL standards.  

He's a heavy (though ripped) player, and his vertical was 5 inches higher than Etienne's, his 10 yard split was about the same as Etienne's.  For perspective, Tim's 3 cone would have been the fastest 3 cone at the 2020 combine.  Second fastest at the 2019.  9th fastest in 2018.  And all of the comparable times are by much lighter players.

Ever wonder what makes coaches intrigued by Tebow? He's one of the best short yardage, multi-skill players ever.  Does he still have that quickness?  Don't know.  Can he competently block, run routes, catch, or do other things that are needed to hold down a position?  Don't know.

Which coaches exactly are intrigued by Tebow? Because I only know of one and it’s his friend....

Well I'm glad you asked, I would have been ostracized.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Y'all need to stop feeding the troll

(05-25-2021, 02:36 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Always has. Always will.

This sums up Taven Bryan too
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I think we should trade for this guy and make him a TE, I bet he would do much better than Tebow

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-25-2021, 06:31 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I think we should trade for this guy and make him a TE, I bet he would do much better than Tebow

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 7a0.gif]