Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-31-2021, 01:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:17 PM)Bullseye Wrote: But with 8 years of hindsight, you still defend his career as an NFL QB.

If Denver kept him behind Manning he would still be Den QB today

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tank and Winger Killin it with alot of facts

(05-31-2021, 02:00 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 11:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Tebow was 8-6 as a starter.  One game above .500.

BFD.

Now what?

Still addresses absolutely ZERO of the stuff I raised.

There you go again, misusing or omitting stats.

2011 Tebow was 7-4 in regular season. (3 games over 500)
1 and 1 in the playoffs, beating the defending AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

NCAA 48-7 2 National Championships

Your guy, Kyle Orton: 
2009 8-7 record
2010 3-10
2011 1-4
Overall at Denver 12-21 

1-2 in Sun Bowl
0-1 in Capital One Bowl
1-3 Bowl Record

(05-31-2021, 01:38 PM)RicoTx Wrote: I find the sad, and almost pathetic, thing about this is he actually believes it.

Tim Rico, all he does is win.

Hey, look who it is.  25-watt
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-31-2021, 02:00 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: There you go again, misusing or omitting stats.

2011 Tebow was 7-4 in regular season. (3 games over 500)
1 and 1 in the playoffs, beating the defending AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

NCAA 48-7 2 National Championships

Your guy, Kyle Orton: 
2009 8-7 record
2010 3-10
2011 1-4
Overall at Denver 12-21 

1-2 in Sun Bowl
0-1 in Capital One Bowl
1-3 Bowl Record

You do realize those are all team stats. right?   That Tebow and Orton weren't the only players on the field?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 02:58 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-31-2021, 02:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tank and Winger Killin it with alot of facts

You three are very sad, pathetic individuals.

To feel the need to help this man who is richer than all of you combined, and he got that money, not from professional sports, from the speaking engagements you all have attended.

It's just sad you feel the need to put him on some kind of pedestal.. 'cause he's going to be FINE without you running to his aid.

The reality? He was homeschooled his entire life, including going to UF; he didn't actually stay in Gainesville full time. He has never been exposed to anything beyond what mommy and daddy allowed him to experience and that's why when the NFL hit him in the face it brought him back to reality. We all need you to come back to reality. He's not very smart, he's very devoted to his religion, and his talent is meh compared to everyone else in the big boy leagues. That's ALL that should matter - but because you think of him as some kind of messiah to your religion, he's better than others automatically. He's not.

And to be VERY clear - it's not his religion that bothers anyone, that's to be applauded regardless if you disagree with the religion itself; it's the sycophantic moronic myopic insufferable people it attracts that is detrimental.

It gets me SOOO angry when I see people happy about TEbow. I saw a guy with a TEbow jersey today and it absolutely ruined my evening, I simply cant handle something like that. Plus the guy looked like he was smiling and enjoying his day with his family. I wish I coulda made him feel like me instead, because his happiness really bothered me. I cant stand this man and I wish everyone would STOP talking about him. Now let me go make my 648th post about him.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 03:13 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-31-2021, 03:02 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: It gets me SOOO angry when I see people happy about TEbow. I saw a guy with a TEbow jersey today and it absolutely ruined my evening, I simply cant handle something like that. Plus the guy looked like he was smiling and enjoying his day with his family. I wish I coulda made him feel like me instead, because his happiness really bothered me. I cant stand this man and I wish everyone would STOP talking about him. Now let me go make my 648th post about him.

Morons are always gonna be morons..

The United States has the lowest average IQ of the entire civilized world for a reason, after all Smile

But seriously... the only things we have brought up that are problems:

1. Nepotism. Tebow clearly only got the chance because they are neighbors and friends.... in this current climate? White privilege. That's just the REALITY of the optics of the situation.

2. Tebow is 34. Even in his prime he was a marginal TE prospect. He's too short, he's not big enough, he's not strong enough, he doesn't have any concept of LEVERAGE that you need to block

3. Tebow in all NFL action has sucked and sucked bad. Yes, he strikes a certain chord with a segment of the population, but his actual athletic ability is pretty much nil compared to ALL NFL starters.

4. He's been out of the league for almost a decade, and I don't care what kind of shape he's in 34 is the END of a Tight Ends career.

STOP propping this never-was up. Please.

Friendly warning here before official warnings are issued:

I understand the topic makes it a bit difficult, but the moderating team will be issuing warnings for political and/or religious discussion in this thread moving forward according to the board rules.

Thanks in advance steering clear of those avenues of discussion.

(05-31-2021, 03:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Friendly warning here before official warnings are issued:

I understand the topic makes it a bit difficult, but the moderating team will be issuing warnings for political and/or religious discussion in this thread moving forward according to the board rules.

Thanks in advance  steering clear of those avenues of discussion.

I know and I really am sorry. I am.

But it's become clear with both yours and Bullseyes's well-thought and written posts that it's gone beyond what that man has done on the field and they are holding on to something else.

But you are right and I am done. Sorry again, everyone.

(05-31-2021, 02:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 02:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Tank and Winger Killin it with alot of facts

To feel the need to help this man who is richer than all of you combined, and he got that money, not from professional sports, from the speaking engagements you all have attended.

It's just sad you feel the need to put him on some kind of pedestal.. 'cause he's going to be FINE without you running to his aid.  

The reality? He was homeschooled his entire life, including going to UF; he didn't actually stay in Gainesville full time. He has never been exposed to anything beyond what mommy and daddy allowed him to experience and that's why when the NFL hit him in the face it brought him back to reality. We all need you to come back to reality. He's not very smart, he's very devoted to his religion, and his talent is meh compared to everyone else in the big boy leagues. That's ALL that should matter - but because you think of him as some kind of messiah to your religion, he's better than others automatically. He's not.

And to be VERY clear - it's not his religion that bothers anyone, that's to be applauded regardless if you disagree with the religion itself; it's the sycophantic moronic myopic insufferable people it attracts that is detrimental.

Don't drag me into this.. Why not try reading people's posts before jumping off the deep end..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 03:19 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-31-2021, 03:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 02:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You three are very sad, pathetic individuals.

Don't drag me into this.. Why not try reading people's posts before jumping off the deep end..

I don't think he meant to say you... He was probably talking about OzJohnnie and the other insignificant one. 

I don't include you with Tebow cultists. Honestly I didn't even read the names until your response.. That's on him for not targeting the true people defending Tebow with these BS "facts"

(05-31-2021, 03:18 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:15 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Don't drag me into this.. Why not try reading people's posts before jumping off the deep end..

I don't think he meant to say you... He was probably talking about OzJohnnie and the other insignificant one. 

I don't include you with Tebow cultists.

Thank you

I honestly don't care either way.. If they want to give him a shot, so be it. My opinion on it holds no value, but I wouldn't have brought him in.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 03:30 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-31-2021, 03:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I honestly don't care either way.. If they want to give him a shot, so be it. My opinion on it holds no value, but I wouldn't have brought him in.

I feel that way about any 34 year old they bring in to change positions that he doesn't have the body type or skillset for. Regardless of ANYTHING else.

A 24 year old basketball player that thought he could make the NBA, has athletic talent, but didn't get drafted... screw it... bring HIM in.

But not someone that can NEVER play the position.

(05-31-2021, 03:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:27 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I honestly don't care either way.. If they want to give him a shot, so be it. My opinion on it holds no value, but I wouldn't have brought him in.

I feel that way about any 34 year old they bring in to change positions that he doesn't have the body type or skillset for. Regardless of ANYTHING else.

A 24 year old basketball player that thought he could make the NBA, has athletic talent, but didn't get drafted... screw it... bring HIM in.

He might not be able to run routes or block, im not sure if he can or not.  But he definitely has the body type to be a TE, a few inches taller would be nice but he has the body type

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 03:43 PM by JaguarKick.)

(05-31-2021, 03:02 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: It gets me SOOO angry when I see people happy about TEbow. I saw a guy with a TEbow jersey today and it absolutely ruined my evening, I simply cant handle something like that. Plus the guy looked like he was smiling and enjoying his day with his family. I wish I coulda made him feel like me instead, because his happiness really bothered me. I cant stand this man and I wish everyone would STOP talking about him. Now let me go make my 648th post about him.

You're trying so hard.

(05-31-2021, 03:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:30 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I feel that way about any 34 year old they bring in to change positions that he doesn't have the body type or skillset for. Regardless of ANYTHING else.

He might not be able to run routes or block, im not sure if he can or not.  But he definitely has the body type to be a TE, a few inches taller would be nice but he has the body type

Yes, because every 34 year old with a TE's body type is worth signing.

(05-31-2021, 02:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Ad Hominem attack.

(This post was last modified: 05-31-2021, 03:49 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-31-2021, 03:44 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 02:49 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You three are very sad, pathetic individuals.
Ad Hominem attack.

Incorrect... your very insane, very individual opinions are the issue. Therefore your intellect, personality and motives are fair game to question.

(05-31-2021, 03:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:44 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Ad Hominem attack.

Incorrect... your very insane, very individual opinions are the issue. Therefore your intellect, personality and motives are fair game to question.

Lol

(05-31-2021, 03:48 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:44 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Ad Hominem attack.

Shook!