Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(06-01-2021, 10:47 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 09:49 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Can you show me 1 post where someone said the TE position is fixed?  I must of missed that one

there are plenty here that of stated they expect him to be impactful on Sundays, that we of Tebow-specific packages waiting to be deployed and humiliate defenses across the league, those that argue against all have those questioning why we didn't afford the same workout to actual factual TE...come on.

(SWIDT?)
Bwahahaha

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-31-2021, 05:16 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 04:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Out of curiosity, what qualifies as political or religious? Does bringing up the name of someone that used to be something religious or political qualify as the discussion now being about religion or politics? How about using a word that could be interpreted in a religious way but isn't being used like that, say, hallelujah?

It’s up to the moderator’s interpretation. When we see a post that crosses the line, you’ll know.  Tongue

Their interpretations are usually biased baloney. They let their pets get away with anything they want.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-31-2021, 02:00 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 11:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Tebow was 8-6 as a starter.  One game above .500.

BFD.

Now what?

Still addresses absolutely ZERO of the stuff I raised.

There you go again, misusing or omitting stats.

2011 Tebow was 7-4 in regular season. (3 games over 500)
1 and 1 in the playoffs, beating the defending AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

NCAA 48-7 2 National Championships

Your guy, Kyle Orton: 
2009 8-7 record
2010 3-10
2011 1-4
Overall at Denver 12-21 

1-2 in Sun Bowl
0-1 in Capital One Bowl
1-3 Bowl Record
Misusing or omitting stats?!?  His 8-6 career record includes the 7-4 2011!  

He was 1-2 in 2010, and 7-4 in 2011.  Combined, that equals...wait for it...8-6.

As for his postseason record, the question was posed about the number of playoff wins.  My answer addresses the point raised.  I certainly never omitted the 45-10 loss he QBed as I mentioned it earlier in the thread.

The stats I omitted are the completely irrelevant National championship stuff.  We are talking about NFL performance since we are talking pro football on a pro football team's message board.

Nice try attempting to make Kyle Orton my guy.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-31-2021, 04:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Friendly warning here before official warnings are issued:

I understand the topic makes it a bit difficult, but the moderating team will be issuing warnings for political and/or religious discussion in this thread moving forward according to the board rules.

Thanks in advance  steering clear of those avenues of discussion.

Out of curiosity, what qualifies as political or religious? Does bringing up the name of someone that used to be something religious or political qualify as the discussion now being about religion or politics? How about using a word that could be interpreted in a religious way but isn't being used like that, say, hallelujah?

The rule is stated broadly:
Religious discussions, avatars, and signatures are not allowed on this message board.

Therefore, it may be interpreted broadly.  It should be very obvious what we are steering away from here, but if you need guidance, there are two methodologies from which you may choose:

1.  If you question whether your post contains religious content, don't post it

2. [BLEEP] around and find out 

I'd go with the former.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 12:20 PM by WingerDinger.)

(06-01-2021, 10:26 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 08:37 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Yeah, every single year we do have hyper critical over zealous armchair GM's.. That comes with the territory, but you can't deny that this year has been one of the worst because of Meyer.. He had handfuls of people on here bashing him before he even became the HC, so of course, it's going to be even worse because he's the HC. 

Yeah, people were definitely excited for this draft because of TLaw, and they should be. But that story got burried pretty quick, first because of ETN, then because of Tebow.

We have arguably one of the best QB draft picks since Manning, and judging by the post count of the 3 main threads (Tlaw, ETN and Tebow), it seems people are more upset with Tebow joining the Jags than celebrating TLaw being selected by the Jags. There's way more to this team than a 4th string TE who shouldn't even make the final roster.

The organization should care.. And I bet it does. Brand recognition is covered in Marketing 101..

I can't say this year was any different than the rifts between posters over Geneious, Diamond Dave, TC, or the like. There's always going to be pro- and anti-, and there's always going to be those on each side that refuse to budge in their stances. The difference between TLaw and the others is that there's practically nothing to argue - who ISN'T excited to see him in teal? who doesn't think he should start week 1? The support and optimism is nearly universal.

We make just as much off of Mahomes and Brady jerseys sold unless all those top 1 and 2 jerseys were sold at the team site. Do you honestly believe the casual "cultist" is going to care about revenue sharing enough to purchase from the team page rather than stopping by their local sporting goods store to pick up their jersey? Before we signed Teebs, weren't we reading about all the TLaw jerseys selling? It sounded like we were doing well in the brand recognition and marketing departments.

No, the organization makes nearly squat on player sales.. 2/3rd's of the revenue from jersey sales go to the player while roughly a 1/3 goes to the NFLPA while something like 1% gets put into a hypothetical pot and divided up amoung teams and other players.. But, it's not really about that. It's about getting extra thousands of Jags jerseys out in the street. Of course the organization cares. Anyone wearing any kind of Jags jersey is a good thing. That's waving your flag in front of your enemy and showing them where your allegiance lies.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(05-31-2021, 04:44 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 03:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Friendly warning here before official warnings are issued:

I understand the topic makes it a bit difficult, but the moderating team will be issuing warnings for political and/or religious discussion in this thread moving forward according to the board rules.

Thanks in advance  steering clear of those avenues of discussion.

Out of curiosity, what qualifies as political or religious? Does bringing up the name of someone that used to be something religious or political qualify as the discussion now being about religion or politics? How about using a word that could be interpreted in a religious way but isn't being used like that, say, hallelujah?

To go further with what NYC4jags is telling you.  Saying that a group of fans is like a group of supporters of any political candidate then giving your opinion of them is against the rules.  We have a place for such discussions should you want to voice your opinion there.  Politics and religion have no place on the fan forum portion of the board.  We have "let a few comments slide" since it is the dead season, but we will start enforcing it more strictly going forward.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

QB turned TE talks about the switch:
https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-j..._/id/29245

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 11:09 PM by Eric1.)

(06-01-2021, 09:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: QB turned TE talks about the switch:

So he's basically saying the same exact thing that any logical/reasonable fan has been saying, except now it's coming from a guy's mouth who has actually done it. He all but said the same thing everybody said years ago. Tebow should have sucked it up and made the switch a long time ago, but he couldn't dare hurt his big ego.

Thomas was 25 when he made the switch, not 34, again the main take away and it's been a theme for all converted TEs. They do it young, not at retirement age.

He said it was a solid 2 years before he even felt comfortable after making the switch. It then took another 2 years before he actually produced anything on the field.

So maybe Tebow can get it down/do something by the time he's 38 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2021, 11:10 PM by Tank Commander.)

Tebow and Urban Meyer Haters aren't going to like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RleVDv9jAz8

Logan Thomas is 6-6, 4.61 40.
Ideal measurables for a tight end.

Tebow is a short 6-3 or 6-2 and slow for a tight end at 4.72 40.

Completely different type of players.

(06-01-2021, 11:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

So he's basically saying the same exact thing that any logical/reasonable fan has been saying, except now it's coming from a guy's mouth who has actually done it. He all but said the same thing everybody said years ago. Tebow should have sucked it up and made the switch a long time ago, but he couldn't dare hurt his big ego.

Thomas was 25 when he made the switch, not 34, again the main take away and it's been a theme for all converted TEs. They do it young, not at retirement age.

He said it was a solid 2 years before he even felt comfortable after making the switch. It then took another 2 years before he actually produced anything on the field.

So maybe Tebow can get it down/do something by the time he's 38 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Not really. Tebow is short for a tight end and slow for that position.  (I don't think he can catch either since he tries to strangle every ball with his power)
Not sure why people keep insisting that that is his position.

(06-01-2021, 11:13 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 11:06 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So he's basically saying the same exact thing that any logical/reasonable fan has been saying, except now it's coming from a guy's mouth who has actually done it. He all but said the same thing everybody said years ago. Tebow should have sucked it up and made the switch a long time ago, but he couldn't dare hurt his big ego.

Not really. Tebow is short for a tight end and slow for that position.  (I don't think he can catch either since he tries to strangle every ball with his power)
Very few insist that TE is his position. 
Most are insisting that he doesn’t have a position in the NFL. 

I’d like to know what data you’ve collected to reach the conclusion that he “can’t catch” because he “tries to strangle every ball with his power” ? 
Where is this opinion coming from?

(06-01-2021, 11:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 11:13 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: Not really. Tebow is short for a tight end and slow for that position.  (I don't think he can catch either since he tries to strangle every ball with his power)
Very few insist that TE is his position. 

I’d like to know what data you’ve collected to reach the conclusion that he “can’t catch” because he “tries to strangle every ball with his power” ? 

Watch his video. His pass catching technique is awful.  Alot of bad habits and shoddy technique already. I'd say he probably has hands of stone.
He's just not a tight end. Worse than that though is I don't want him blocking and have him blow an assignment and get TL injured.

He's better off as 3rd/4th string QB or short yardage back. That's what he's good at and there's no worry about TL getting injured at those positions.

(06-02-2021, 12:00 AM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(06-01-2021, 11:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Very few insist that TE is his position. 

Watch his video. His pass catching technique is awful.  Alot of bad habits and shoddy technique already. I'd say he probably has hands of stone.
He's just not a tight end. Worse than that though is I don't want him blocking and have him blow an assignment and get TL injured.

He's better off as 3rd/4th string QB or short yardage back. That's what he's good at and there's no worry about TL getting injured at those positions.
Which video(s) exactly have lead you to this conclusion? 

Is there room on our roster for him as a 3rd QB? Is he the third best QB on the roster?
They won’t keep four.  Certainly there’s no room at “short yardage back,” right? RB room is stacked.

(06-02-2021, 12:06 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 12:00 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Watch his video. His pass catching technique is awful.  Alot of bad habits and shoddy technique already. I'd say he probably has hands of stone.

Which video(s) exactly have lead you to this conclusion? 

Is there room on our roster for him as a 3rd QB? Is he the third best QB on the roster?
They won’t keep four.  Certainly there’s no room at “short yardage back,” right? RB room is stacked.

That is my point, he will make the team as a TE, or he won't make it. It is simple as that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

He's either going to make it as a TE or he isn't. Farkin' hell. 75 pages on that.

The Taysom Hill comparison won't go away for a while it seems. Ian Rapoport says he's heard things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4FE2t_gjd8

(06-02-2021, 01:41 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: The Taysom Hill comparison won't go away for a while it seems. Ian Rapoport says he's heard things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4FE2t_gjd8

I love how Pat mocks and trolls the Tebow stuff every time it's talked about lol.

And the Hill comparison is just a lazy and terrible comparison. Hill throws a better ball and runs 4.4s. Tebow runs 4.8s (if even that these days). They aren't close to being the same kind of player.

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 04:44 AM by CanDoBetter.)

For me the thing about the Hill comparison isn't that you're wrong. My worry is what Meyer thinks.

This is a concern until I see that it won't happen.

(06-02-2021, 04:44 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: For me the thing about the Hill comparison isn't that you're wrong. My worry is what Meyer thinks.

This is a concern until I see that it won't happen.

Yep, it's the bad look given by the coach to let this happen more so than Tebow trying.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 08:18 AM by The Real Marty.)

75 76 pages so far...  There appear to be basically 2 sides to this discussion.   And it also appears that each side is here for the express purpose of countering the other side.   It's like a war without a real cause, where each side is fighting only because the other side is fighting.  

Keep going.   I predicted 100 pages, and it looks like we will get there easily.  For what purpose?  Offseason entertainment, I guess.