Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(06-30-2021, 05:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Imo he is making the team (only because of Urban) and I can't wait to see how he struggles, drops the ball and gets abused by DE's and LBs.

So you're not really a Jags fan, just a Tebow hater. Gotcha.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-30-2021, 05:32 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Imo he is making the team (only because of Urban) and I can't wait to see how he struggles, drops the ball and gets abused by DE's and LBs.

Im with you brother. I hope we are in the super bowl and Tebow misses the game winning catch and we lose because of it. I'll finally be happy.

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2021, 07:15 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(06-30-2021, 05:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

So you're not really a Jags fan, just a Tebow hater. Gotcha.

Because I don't wanna root for a guy who pretty much stole someone else's job? haha ok 
BTW, I care so much if you think I am a fan or not  Laughing

(06-30-2021, 05:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

This was my original thought but I'm leaning the other way now.

I hope Urban and Baalke prove me wrong
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 06-30-2021, 07:34 PM by Jag88.)

He's 1 of 90 on a team that went 1-15 last year. I think everyone will live if he "steals" a spot. Smh the guy is working his $%^ off. Let it play out and stop ya complaining.

(06-30-2021, 07:13 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 05:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: So you're not really a Jags fan, just a Tebow hater. Gotcha.

Because I don't wanna root for a guy who pretty much stole someone else's job? haha ok 

(06-30-2021, 05:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: This was my original thought but I'm leaning the other way now.

You mean because you say he stole it. Players don’t steal positions on professional sports teams.

I don't want to see that at all. If he makes the team I want him to succeed, though I also want him to be worthy of the spot he's taking. If he proves to be an AA hire then I want him glued to the bench.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-30-2021, 01:01 PM)Pendragon Wrote: I think you guys had some decent theories on why Tebow was signed  but things like “he’s a winner” or “jersey sales” or, from the Tebots (I’m one btw) “he really can be an NFL tight end.”  

However, nope.  His signing had more to do with Urban than Tim.  Gatornation is 10x bigger than JJ nation and we have a strong presence in North Florida.  We despise Urban.  Don’t believe me?  Google “why do people hate Urban Meyer?”  He left us high and dry with a sub-par team returning and said it was due to health reasons.  Ten months later he is banging another woman with Buck-Eyes… You don’t think Urban considered the fact that he is coming into our backyard a despised man?  Sure he did.  He did the one thing that could re-ingratiate him to Gatornation, signed Tim. It worked for me.  We may have college degrees but we are ignorant rednecks when it comes to Timmy.  This is why I think he will stick.  Otherwise, Urban will be forever on that list with Elway, Bellichick, Chip Kelly,, Rex Ryan  and Colin Cowherd.  We hate them all… with a passion.  And we will hate the Jags, too.

Beautiful troll.  This will get the thread to 94 pages, at least.

But seriously, if it's legit to cut a guy (or not even give one an opportunity) just because fans despise him then it's just as legit to give a guy a roster spot just because fans love him.  The NFL is a business after all.

(06-30-2021, 11:31 PM)OzJohnnie Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 01:01 PM)Pendragon Wrote: I think you guys had some decent theories on why Tebow was signed  but things like “he’s a winner” or “jersey sales” or, from the Tebots (I’m one btw) “he really can be an NFL tight end.”  

However, nope.  His signing had more to do with Urban than Tim.  Gatornation is 10x bigger than JJ nation and we have a strong presence in North Florida.  We despise Urban.  Don’t believe me?  Google “why do people hate Urban Meyer?”  He left us high and dry with a sub-par team returning and said it was due to health reasons.  Ten months later he is banging another woman with Buck-Eyes… You don’t think Urban considered the fact that he is coming into our backyard a despised man?  Sure he did.  He did the one thing that could re-ingratiate him to Gatornation, signed Tim. It worked for me.  We may have college degrees but we are ignorant rednecks when it comes to Timmy.  This is why I think he will stick.  Otherwise, Urban will be forever on that list with Elway, Bellichick, Chip Kelly,, Rex Ryan  and Colin Cowherd.  We hate them all… with a passion.  And we will hate the Jags, too.

Beautiful troll.  This will get the thread to 94 pages, at least.

But seriously, if it's legit to cut a guy (or not even give one an opportunity) just because fans despise him then it's just as legit to give a guy a roster spot just because fans love him.  The NFL is a business after all.

We aren't even past the Dead Zone yet, this thread didn't need his foolishness to make it to 100 because it was always going to make 200 anyway.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2021, 09:28 AM by Tank Commander.)

(06-30-2021, 03:29 PM)Jag149 Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 02:44 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You triggered him something fierce with that picture of the Messiah, FSG!

...uhhh very few of the Gator gata jort nation has a College degree... and a lot of those that do.. those degrees aren't worth the paper they're written on.. go gata!

Tebow never won a game against Auburn cause they hit him hard. I can't see his chances of not being hit hard in the pro's being very good. So he could possibly be an ornament but not a real player for the Jags,

At least he had the courage to get hit unlike Neck Beard

(06-30-2021, 07:13 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 05:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: So you're not really a Jags fan, just a Tebow hater. Gotcha.

(06-30-2021, 05:41 PM)RicoTx Wrote: This was my original thought but I'm leaning the other way now.

Baalke's horrible. He was a disaster with the 49ers.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2021, 12:44 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

One theory is the $1 million dollar signing of Tebow was a form of hush money so Tebow doesn't write a book about the ongoings of UF during the Tebow/Urban era.

Could it be possible Tebow is blackmailing Urban?

(07-01-2021, 09:27 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Baalke's horrible. He was a disaster with the 49ers.

Plus he has a really raspy voice.  Sounds like a 85 year old dude that's been smoking since he was 15.

(07-01-2021, 12:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: One theory is the $1 million dollar signing of Tebow was a form of hush money so Tebow doesn't write a book about the ongoings of UF during the Tebow/Urban era.  

(07-01-2021, 09:27 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Baalke's horrible. He was a disaster with the 49ers.

Plus he has a really raspy voice.  Sounds like a 85 year old dude that's been smoking since he was 15.

Naw, no blackmail. Most of that came out during the NCAA investigation of Cam when Mullen (then HC Miss State) sent that bag man to try and pay Cam's dad.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

No he’s not.

(07-01-2021, 01:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

No he’s not.

You don't know that so...
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(07-01-2021, 12:43 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: One theory is the $1 million dollar signing of Tebow was a form of hush money so Tebow doesn't write a book about the ongoings of UF during the Tebow/Urban era.  

Tebow def knows some [BLEEP].  If you have read the Rolling Stone article on Aaron Hernandez you will find that Urban assigned Tebow to be Aaron’s “life coach” and keep him out of trouble at UF and had the Pouncey bros try to keep an eye on him.  Good times.

Maybe he's a cut that puts everyone on notice.

We're all spit-balling here. I think he could be a FB of some sort. The beauty is, we'll get to see what happens. Enjoy the ride.

NCSWIC/WWG1WGA
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-01-2021, 04:59 PM)Pendragon Wrote:

Tebow def knows some [BLEEP].  If you have read the Rolling Stone article on Aaron Hernandez you will find that Urban assigned Tebow to be Aaron’s “life coach” and keep him out of trouble at UF and had the Pouncey bros try to keep an eye on him.  Good times.

Tebow definitely got him to cut back on murdering for the time being.

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2021, 11:02 PM by Race Bannon.)

(07-01-2021, 10:47 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Maybe he's a cut that puts everyone on notice.

We're all spit-balling here. I think he could be a FB of some sort. The beauty is, we'll get to see what happens. Enjoy the ride.

NCSWIC/WWG1WGA

An H back is essentially a fullback in the modern parlance. And an H back now comes from the ranks of TE, like Jason Witten spending some plays lined up as an H.

If the Jags use the H, it would likely be as a second TE in the game. When the Patriots drafted Gronk and Aaron Hernandez in the same year, they were using formations to get them both on the field, with Hernandez as an H.

(07-01-2021, 10:48 PM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 04:59 PM)Pendragon Wrote: Tebow def knows some [BLEEP].  If you have read the Rolling Stone article on Aaron Hernandez you will find that Urban assigned Tebow to be Aaron’s “life coach” and keep him out of trouble at UF and had the Pouncey bros try to keep an eye on him.  Good times.

Tebow definitely got him to cut back on murdering for the time being.

Yeah, you have to consider it a win that Hernandez didn't murder anyone while at Florida.

You do have to wonder what Bill Belicheck was doing to let it happen on his watch.

(07-01-2021, 03:46 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 01:54 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: No he’s not.

You don't know that so...

Stop it