Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(07-26-2021, 09:29 AM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 09:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I just hope it's very clear one way or the other, the worst thing would be if it was questionable about why the move was made. Of course gata fan will still insist that he just needs a chance and three or four years of development to be the greatest tight end in NFL history, but we've dealt with that level of delusion for years anyway.

If he gets cut, that's about as clear as it can be -- his most trusted and beloved coach did not feel he could contribute.  Nothing will need to be more clear.

The scenario that should worry your "hope" would be him making the roster -- there will be those that never, ever accept it as anything other than cronyism.  Even if Tebow were to score in a regulation game, there will be those who say the coaches "gave" him that opportunity, when some other player should have had that touchdown.

Accept it deep down in your bones -- Tebow's fans have accepted the end of his career many times.  That's life.  It's his detractors that cannot come to grips with him.

You're delusional. If Tebow goes away none of us on this side mention him, meanwhile some posters on here are still sleeping under their Tebow blankies at night confident that tomorrow is the day their faith is vindicated. If he's better than Ben Ellefson the keep him on the roster and (speaking for myself) we'll root for him, but if he's not then he needs to be gone.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Keeping the popcorn ready for when vid clips of Tebow in pads doing blocking work against a live NFL pass rusher emerge. One good block and he'll be back to bronze statue outside the bank status in no time. One bad block and the pitchforks are all being sharpened. LOL

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 12:10 PM by TLawIsEnforced.)

When will the Jags stop being the laughing stock of the NFL?
Tebow got to be the ending one way or the other and that's that...

(07-26-2021, 12:08 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: When will the Jags stop being the laughing stock of the NFL?
Tebow got to be the ending one way or the other and that's that...

You're being overly sensitive.

(07-26-2021, 10:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Keeping the popcorn ready for when vid clips of Tebow in pads doing blocking work against a live NFL pass rusher emerge. One good block and he'll be back to bronze statue outside the bank status in no time. One bad block and the pitchforks are all being sharpened. LOL

It is sad that those are the only way this can really end, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Y'all see that tweet that someone will buy everyone that follows and retweets a jersey if Trevor passes a TD to Football Jesus?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 01:52 PM by Race Bannon.)

No, if only there were some way to provide magic links to things on the internet.

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/2021/07/...s-1-of-90/

But he's a winner...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(07-26-2021, 01:52 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: No, if only there were some way to provide magic links to things on the internet.
Can't get to twitter from work troll
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(07-26-2021, 02:00 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 01:52 PM)Race Bannon Wrote: No, if only there were some way to provide magic links to things on the internet.
Can't get to twitter from work troll

Well, I'll treasure the memory of your description of the tweet. I bet it was awesome.

(07-26-2021, 01:55 PM)RicoTx Wrote: https://www.news4jax.com/sports/2021/07/...s-1-of-90/

But he's a winner...

Key takeaway for this thread:

"Not because there’s animosity toward Tim, but there’s animosity toward the coverage Tim receives." - Greg McElroy

It's not the Ringmaster who draws our ire, it's the clowns that follow along. 
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I agree with what Austen Lane just said on the radio. TT doesn’t have the grits to be a TE. The only way he makes the team is as a gadget player.

If during the next two weeks he’s seen taking snaps under center then there might be a newsworthy scoop of him being used during the season. If not, it’s a forgone conclusion he won’t be on the roster.

(07-26-2021, 05:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I agree with what Austen Lane just said on the radio. TT doesn’t have the grits to be a TE. The only way he makes the team is as a gadget player.

If during the next two weeks he’s seen taking snaps under center then there might be a newsworthy scoop of him being used during the season. If not, it’s a forgone conclusion he won’t be on the roster.

I agree with you. TE is a tough job, just look at guys like Gronk, Kelce, Kittle. Got to be tough in the trenches and able to make big plays with guys going for your knees. 

Ive seen people say about using him in short yardage and gadget plays but heres my question. If we take out Lawrence and put Timmy in for a play, isnt it kinda obvious its going to be a gadget play or a run?

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2021, 08:23 AM by Mikey.)

(07-26-2021, 09:29 AM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 09:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I just hope it's very clear one way or the other, the worst thing would be if it was questionable about why the move was made. Of course gata fan will still insist that he just needs a chance and three or four years of development to be the greatest tight end in NFL history, but we've dealt with that level of delusion for years anyway.

If he gets cut, that's about as clear as it can be -- his most trusted and beloved coach did not feel he could contribute.  Nothing will need to be more clear.

The scenario that should worry your "hope" would be him making the roster -- there will be those that never, ever accept it as anything other than cronyism.  Even if Tebow were to score in a regulation game, there will be those who say the coaches "gave" him that opportunity, when some other player should have had that touchdown.

Accept it deep down in your bones -- Tebow's fans have accepted the end of his career many times.  That's life.  It's his detractors that cannot come to grips with him.

I....what? which thread have you been reading?

For his (and this board's) sake, I hope they put him out against 1s and 2s. Many of us remember Quinn Gray looking like an all-pro late in the games when the soon-to-be unemployed were covering the soon-to-be practice squadded. Tim's not a jar on the shelf. He's going to have to be ready today, not two years from today.

(07-26-2021, 01:32 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Y'all see that tweet that someone will buy everyone that follows and retweets a jersey if Trevor passes a TD to Football Jesus?

As Vic useta say.....

Good luck with that.

(07-26-2021, 05:33 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I agree with what Austen Lane just said on the radio. TT doesn’t have the grits to be a TE. The only way he makes the team is as a gadget player.

As the fourth or fifth TE, he better be able to play on kick coverage teams

(07-26-2021, 10:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:

I agree with you. TE is a tough job, just look at guys like Gronk, Kelce, Kittle. Got to be tough in the trenches and able to make big plays with guys going for your knees. 

Ive seen people say about using him in short yardage and gadget plays but heres my question. If we take out Lawrence and put Timmy in for a play, isnt it kinda obvious its going to be a gadget play or a run?

Subsitute Drew Brees for TLaw and Taysom Hill for Teebs, and you just described the Aints for the past few years.

Brees comin off the field....stack the box, guys!

(07-26-2021, 10:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: If we take out Lawrence and put Timmy in for a play, isnt it kinda obvious its going to be a gadget play or a run?

That's sort of how Tebow got to be a fan favorite in the very beginning. Some people think "Oh, people like Timmy because he's a Christian." Or "they just like him because he got to be the quarterback in a very productive offense and was handed his success."

But I'm in my 50's -- I watched the whole thing from the very beginning (Gator grad). It all started because Tebow would come in lined up in shotgun in short yardage situations. He would exhort the crowd (drove haters nuts). Every single man, woman, and child in the stadium, and watching at home (fans and opponents) knew his number was called for a run. AND HE WOULD STILL PICK UP THE FIRST (or touchdown).

He's just really, really good at that one thing. Plus a direct snap run creates and extra blocker so it's an inherent advantage anyway -- the defense would be thinking the same thing if an RB was put in the wildcat, but it still creates a numbers advantage.

The thing about Tebow playing TE is there could conceivably be other reasons for him to be on the field, and they shift to the wildcat. So the defense cannot automatically assume the gadget/wildcat is on just because Tebow is on the field. You could shift the formation to it. But for that to work, he has to competently do some sort of job at TE when his number is not called (which remains to be seen).

(07-27-2021, 09:55 AM)Race Bannon Wrote:
(07-26-2021, 10:40 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: If we take out Lawrence and put Timmy in for a play, isnt it kinda obvious its going to be a gadget play or a run?

That's sort of how Tebow got to be a fan favorite in the very beginning.  Some people think "Oh, people like Timmy because he's a Christian."  Or "they just like him because he got to be the quarterback in a very productive offense and was handed his success."

But I'm in my 50's -- I watched the whole thing from the very beginning (Gator grad).  It all started because Tebow would come in lined up in shotgun in short yardage situations.  He would exhort the crowd (drove haters nuts).  Every single man, woman, and child in the stadium, and watching at home (fans and opponents) knew his number was called for a run.  AND HE WOULD STILL PICK UP THE FIRST (or touchdown). 

He's just really, really good at that one thing.  Plus a direct snap run creates and extra blocker so it's an inherent advantage anyway -- the defense would be thinking the same thing if an RB was put in the wildcat, but it still creates a numbers advantage. 

The thing about Tebow playing TE is there could conceivably be other reasons for him to be on the field, and they shift to the wildcat.  So the defense cannot automatically assume the gadget/wildcat is on just because Tebow is on the field.  You could shift the formation to it.  But for that to work, he has to competently do some sort of job at TE when his number is not called (which remains to be seen).

When a post harkens back to 2006 to validate Tebow getting the ball in the red zone you know it’s a winner.

That's sort of how Tebow got to be a fan favorite in the very beginning.  Some people think "Oh, people like Timmy because he's a Christian."  Or "they just like him because he got to be the quarterback in a very productive offense and was handed his success."

But I'm in my 50's -- I watched the whole thing from the very beginning (Gator grad).  It all started because Tebow would come in lined up in shotgun in short yardage situations.  He would exhort the crowd (drove haters nuts).  Every single man, woman, and child in the stadium, and watching at home (fans and opponents) knew his number was called for a run.  AND HE WOULD STILL PICK UP THE FIRST (or touchdown). 

He's just really, really good at that one thing.  Plus a direct snap run creates and extra blocker so it's an inherent advantage anyway -- the defense would be thinking the same thing if an RB was put in the wildcat, but it still creates a numbers advantage. 

The thing about Tebow playing TE is there could conceivably be other reasons for him to be on the field, and they shift to the wildcat.  So the defense cannot automatically assume the gadget/wildcat is on just because Tebow is on the field.  You could shift the formation to it.  But for that to work, he has to competently do some sort of job at TE when his number is not called (which remains to be seen).
Using college to validate Tebow running wildcat..... A tale as old as time.

Taking Lawrence off the field in any scenario is stupid and should be treated as such.

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2021, 10:47 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

Yet in his very first action in the Big Boy NFL, on a 4th and 1, Tyson Alualu stopped him for no gain....... in his prime... at his best... he was still garbage in the Big Boy League.

(07-27-2021, 10:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-27-2021, 09:55 AM)Race Bannon Wrote: That's sort of how Tebow got to be a fan favorite in the very beginning.  Some people think "Oh, people like Timmy because he's a Christian."  Or "they just like him because he got to be the quarterback in a very productive offense and was handed his success."

When a post harkens back to 2006 to validate Tebow getting the ball in the red zone you know it’s a winner.

Why do you guys monitor a thread about Tebow, his possible role in the team, etc., but then display no interest in actual posts about his football game?  2006 was the last window we have into (1) Tebow not as the quarterback, with a clear cut starter; and (2) Urban Meyer as the coach.  In a discussion about what possible interest Meyer could have, it's at least relevant.

We have a lot of information to get through over the next few weeks.  Even if Tebow is cut, there will be countless little tidbits to pointlessly post about.  I would encourage everybody to drop the dialog about "you are stupid, your post is stupid."  Let's all just stipulate that we absolutely could not care less about what the other guy thinks of us personally, and enjoy the tide of soap opera drama-droms.