Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(08-17-2021, 09:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: This is so funny.

See ya Tebow homers! Thanks for hanging out for a few weeks!

You can be a Tebow homer and a Jags fan. I was rooting for him.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 10:01 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(08-17-2021, 09:50 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 09:48 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: That tweet is complete BS.

They could have kept Josh Oliver, who looks 100x better than anyone on our roster.

They could have drafted an actual, viable TE.

They could have traded for Ertz.

There's literally a hundred better things they could have done.

So YES harm done.

You aren't looking at it correctly. They sold a bunch of jerseys and that helps the billionaire. No the product on the field isn't better but the real goals were realized. All your other items cost money. The T Circus was a plus in the revenue column.

Scares me for the future.

(08-17-2021, 10:00 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 09:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: This is so funny.

See ya Tebow homers! Thanks for hanging out for a few weeks!

You can be a Tebow homer and a Jags fan. I was rooting for him.

That's cause you don't know a good football player from a failed excuse of a baseball player.....

Unlike us, he will be consoled by his Miss Universe wife tonight.

Good on him for giving it a shot, good on the Jags for granting it. So where are the Tebow folks now in the stages of grief? Are we finally to "acceptance"?

Now we gotta face the facts and harsh reality of this football team

By most sccounts he's a good dude and he was genuinely trying his best, he just didn't have the ability. I don't take any joy in someone losing their job BUT it's good this distraction is out of the way.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I’m not a Tebow homer but it would have been a good story had he been able to make it.

When is the candlelight vigil at PDQ?

(08-17-2021, 10:05 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: By most sccounts he's a good dude and he was genuinely trying his best, he just didn't have the ability. I don't take any joy in someone losing their job BUT it's good this distraction is out of the way.

I mean... taking money from morons doesn't make you a good person.

I don't think of Tony Robbins as a good person.

(08-17-2021, 10:01 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 09:50 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: You aren't looking at it correctly. They sold a bunch of jerseys and that helps the billionaire. No the product on the field isn't better but the real goals were realized. All your other items cost money. The T Circus was a plus in the revenue column.

Scares me for the future.

(08-17-2021, 10:00 AM)Dimson Wrote: You can be a Tebow homer and a Jags fan. I was rooting for him.

That's cause you don't know a good football player from a failed excuse of a baseball player.....

Just because I rooted for him didn't make me think he would make the team. It is ok to root for someone even if they are a long shot.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-17-2021, 10:07 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:05 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: By most sccounts he's a good dude and he was genuinely trying his best, he just didn't have the ability. I don't take any joy in someone losing their job BUT it's good this distraction is out of the way.

I mean... taking money from morons doesn't make you a good person.

Damn some people are cynical.

This was inevitable, however I believe he'd be an asset if added to the coaching staff in some lower capacity. The next step is for the team to acquire a pass catching tight end. I don't think O'Shaunessy can be counted on to stay injury-free. It's not like there aren't several viable options. Depending on how much they are willing to pay, they can trade for Ertz or Njoku- both would be big upgrades. Trey Burton is another less expensive possibility, although he may not be much of an upgrade. Possibly something can be worked out prior to the final cuts this off-season.

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 10:18 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-17-2021, 10:10 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:07 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I mean... taking money from morons doesn't make you a good person.

Damn some people are cynical.

His primary source of income is speaking engagements in our area.

Trevor Lawrence threatened his dominance in the area so he called in a favor to get his name out there again.

Huge prolific success on that count. Hooray to him. He's gonna have speaking engagements that pay him 6 figures for the next two years because of his most recent failure. Good on him. Seriously. I'm a capitalist. But it doesn't make him a GOOD person.

EDIT: He already tweeted his most recent call to speaking engagements... You have to try, put yourself out there, even if you fail. My god how stupid are you people to not see what he's doing?

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 10:18 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

They had to cut him after those lame attempts to block

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Time for the cryers to find something else to cry about, time for the tebowners to leave town..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(08-17-2021, 10:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:10 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: Damn some people are cynical.

His primary source of income is speaking engagements in our area.

Trevor Lawrence threatened his dominance in the area so he called in a favor to get his name out there again.

Huge prolific success on that count. Hooray to him. He's gonna have speaking engagements that pay him 6 figures for the next two years because of his most recent failure. Good on him. Seriously. I'm a capitalist. But it doesn't make him a GOOD person.

Speaking engagements don't make him a good person. But he CAN do speaking engagements and not be a bad person. I don't know him personally and I'd bet you don't either, so what's with the hate and bitterness?

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021, 10:24 AM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 2 times in total.)

(08-17-2021, 10:21 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:13 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: His primary source of income is speaking engagements in our area.

Speaking engagements don't make him a good person. But he CAN do speaking engagements and not be a bad person. I don't know him personally and I'd bet you don't either, so what's with the hate and bitterness?

'Cause I've met him and his (overbearing, really stupid and preachy) parents when he was a teenager going to one class only... weight training... which allowed him to play QB while being homeschooled.

The only reason he has money is from speaking engagements related to his..... calling. I can't use the word.

(08-17-2021, 10:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Time for the cryers to find something else to cry about, time for the tebowners to leave town..

Yep. All the drama and tantrums by the critics, and the stumbles and falling over themselves by the fans. Done and all for naught. 

When the level head ones realized that his being cut was the most likely outcome and didn’t lose a wink of sleep.

(08-17-2021, 10:23 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:20 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Time for the cryers to find something else to cry about, time for the tebowners to leave town..

Yep. All the drama and tantrums by the critics, and the stumbles and falling over themselves by the fans. Done and all for naught. 

When the level head ones realized that his being cut was the most likely outcome and didn’t lose a wink of sleep.

Bingo and well said

Sooooooo...

Ring of Honor?

Told you he couldn't play Tight End!