Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Training Camp Twitter Thread

Quote:I know it was A Rob but Ramsey isnt that great as an outside corner. He got beat a lot last year for TDs in college. I would like to see him try to cover any of our other receivers not named A Rob or Hurns on the outside and see how he does.
We want him to become our #1 CB, right? He's a rookie, and needs to get beat in training camp before the season starts.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I know it was A Rob but Ramsey isnt that great as an outside corner. He got beat a lot last year for TDs in college. I would like to see him try to cover any of our other receivers not named A Rob or Hurns on the outside and see how he does.

As an outside corner in college he stacks up better than almost everyone in this years draft.Think he was pretty much the best shutdown corner statistically this year.

Ramsey seemed to hold his own on the outside yesterday pretty darn well. He's a rookie in his 3rd practice going against one of the best WRs in the game. He's going to be good.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

what? He barely ever got beat calm down.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:what? He barely ever got beat calm down.

Watched one of his games on draftbreak down.com. forget which game it was but he was getting beat consistently, even the announcers said the qb was targeting Ramsey. Not saying he isnt going to be good, but I wouldn't consider him a shutdown corner in college, but he definitely has the tools to develop into one

Probably the Miami game but that was by far his "worst" performance. To say he got constantly beat for TDs is literally making crap up.
"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Probably the Miami game but that was by far his "worst" performance. To say he got constantly beat for TDs is literally making crap up.

So true.

Quote:Watched one of his games on draftbreak down.com. forget which game it was but he was getting beat consistently, even the announcers said the qb was targeting Ramsey. Not saying he isnt going to be good, but I wouldn't consider him a shutdown corner in college, but he definitely has the tools to develop into one

Here's Ramsey's stats from last year at CB.

[Image: nz2dm0.png]

Quote:Here's Ramsey's stats from last year at CB.[Image: nz2dm0.png]

Cool stats? Don't know what you're trying to tell me. Never said Ramsey wasn't good, just saying he did get beat a few times in college, but everyone does

Quote:Cool stats? Don't know what you're trying to tell me. Never said Ramsey wasn't good, just saying he did get beat a few times in college, but everyone does

Relax, I'm just pointing out that Ramsey was pretty shutdown last year in my opinion. Stats back it up.

I know you struggle but do you realize these were his first ever NFL practices?

Quote:I know you struggle but do you realize these were his first ever NFL practices?

Against a Pro Bowl WR

Quote:Against a Pro Bowl WR

I'm glad they did this. If Ramsey had a big head thinking he was dominant, Robinson certainly gave him a wake up call. But for Ramsey to compete with our WRs will help him greatly too. Gosh how nice is it to finally say that? OUR WRs are awesome.

Quote:Relax, I'm just pointing out that Ramsey was pretty shutdown last year in my opinion. Stats back it up.

I used stats to say that Allen Robinson was more talented that Justin Blackmon. Apparently I was stupid and not "using my eyes." Don't bother bringing up stats around here unless it supports a majority argument.

Quote:I used stats to say that Allen Robinson was more talented that Justin Blackmon. Apparently I was stupid and not "using my eyes." Don't bother bringing up stats around here unless it supports a majority argument.

That's not what ppl we're trying to tell you. Gabbert and Henne threw the ball to Blackmon. Despite that, he showed flashes of being a dominant receiver. If you watched it was easy to see. He had a couple of hard to attain games statistically.

Allen Robinson is shaping up to be special. Thank God we have a qb who helps showcase his talent. Ego has to be the only reason you can't understand.

Quote:That's not what ppl we're trying to tell you. Gabbert and Henne threw the ball to Blackmon. Despite that, he showed flashes of being a dominant receiver. If you watched it was easy to see. He had a couple of hard to attain games statistically.

Allen Robinson is shaping up to be special. Thank God we have a qb who helps showcase his talent. Ego has to be the only reason you can't understand.

Right, he "had a few great statistical games". Except when you point out that the year he went for 200 on Houston he never had a 100 yard game before or after that. I said he was looking to be dominant and even said he had horrible QBs, but the point was that Allen Robinson is the better and more talented WR all around.

I don't wanna hijack the twitter thread. Moving on.

Justin Blackmon was gonna be a superstar if he could stay sober. I think ARob is great but JB had that way about him where you'd just shake your head. Really sad!

Justin Blackmon was better after the catch.

Robinson is better at everything else that matters in football.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 09:44 AM by BritishJag.)

Quote:Justin Blackmon was better after the catch.

Robinson is better at everything else that matters in football.

I don't think Blackmon was actually that great after the catch.

These are his best game highlights: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...highlights

Compare that with Robinson at 1:07,3.29, 4:13, 4:29 & 4:50 (A lot of the catches in this one are in the end zone or diving) in this video:

https://youtu.be/x9G4CqSzKMM?t=1m7s

I don't see anything that makes me think Blackmon was any better after the catch aside from play #3 which was awesome but Robinson has a couple of those himself.

It would have been awesome to have them both but if we'd have had Blackmon around during the 2014 draft we'd have probably only taken Lee. ARob would probably be playing in Miami or Philly.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2016, 10:25 AM by The_Franchise_QB.)

I know its only 3 days in but, how does James Sample look? Providing any competition for Cyprien?