Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Training Camp Twitter Thread

Quote:I haven't heard much about House. Any word?
Only good reports about House so far.

All this talk about Amukamara - I don't get it.

He''ll be on the bench in week 5 when Colvin returns. He might even split outside CB reps with Ramsey some during those first 4 weeks.

He's better depth than Gratz, but that's about it IMO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Today's practice:

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><span style="margin:-1px;">User Actions</span>
 Following</div>
</div>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_bigger.jpeg]Ryan O'HalloranVerified account‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span></a></div>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">Beachum and Linder not practicing again today. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>

Quote: 

Surely the Oline won't be worse than last year...

I've said that before and was wrong before.

It can always be worse.  Always.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Today's practice:

<p style="margin-left:40px;">

User Actions
 Following

[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_bigger.jpeg]Ryan O'HalloranVerified account[/size]
@
ryanohalloran

Beachum and Linder not practicing again today. #Jaguars
Probably means they won't participate in scrimmage tomorrow night

Quote:If nothing else, the OL as a whole is now more familiar with the protections.

The main reason why Wiz was brought in last year is because he knew the protections.

Sorry, but I think that's just a load of crap.  "Knowing the protections" shouldn't be something that is super difficult for professional offensive linemen.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote: 

Today's practice:

<div style="margin-left:58px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><span style="margin:-1px;">User Actions</span>
 Following</div>
</div>
[Image: 05c384a89ebb1b1a849ff289404e3d64_bigger.jpeg]Ryan O'HalloranVerified account‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span></div>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">Beachum and Linder not practicing again today. #Jaguars

</div>

Welp

;

;

Quote:It's hard to imagine the defense not being much better with the talent added. The o-line (left side specifically) is the big ? Going forward.

The oline will be better just from having Linder back. Our run game was not good last year but it was significantly worse after Linder went down.  On top of Linder back we have Cann with another year in S&C and more familiar with protections and techniques.  Beachum should be an upgrade at LT and if LJ beats him out and plays at the slightly better than the previous year pace he has stayed true to we shouldn't be too bad.  

Ivory will help this line.  Last year there was never a threat to beat anyone with the run so passrushers were teeing off.  That shouldn't be the case this year.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Sorry, but I think that's just a load of crap.  "Knowing the protections" shouldn't be something that is super difficult for professional offensive linemen.  
Knowing the protections and having them coordinated with the other 4 linemen is one of the more difficult aspects of the oline.

That is why you often hear of the line "needing time to gel".

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016, 10:27 AM by irontrooper83.)

Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye  42s42 seconds agoFlorida, USA

<p style="font-size:16px;">Ryan Davis back on the field today after missing yesterday with a knee injury

<p style="font-size:16px;"> 

<p style="font-size:16px;"> 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye'>Mike Kaye ‏@mike_e_kaye </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/761205523433844737' title="12:21 PM - 4 Aug 2016">5m5 minutes ago</a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A4ec01c9dbc693497'>Florida, USA</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:16px;">Off day for Dante after his dominant birthday party during Thursday's practice

Quote:Mike Kaye ‏@
mike_e_kaye

42s42 seconds agoFlorida, USA

Ryan Davis back on the field today after missing yesterday with a knee injury

Mike Kaye ‏@
mike_e_kaye

5m5 minutes agoFlorida, USA

Off day for Dante after his dominant birthday party during Thursday's practice
I thought Gus said they weren't going to hold Dante Fowler back? He was off for Sunday nights practice,Monday was whole teams day off and now he's given another day off. He's not veteran like Miller or Posluszny! I don't get it.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016, 10:35 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Sorry, but I think that's just a load of crap.  "Knowing the protections" shouldn't be something that is super difficult for professional offensive linemen.  

Knowing protections for your position may be simple but knowing and trusting the other 4 offensive linemen are reading the same defensive scheme takes a few years.  You don't just walk in the door, read the playbook, and know whether teams like the Ravens are coming at you with a LB or Safety blitz (and drop a DE back) or whether they are going to pull back into zone coverage.

I know where your coming from (as an individual offensive lineman) standpoint though

Quote:That's not out of the question if Beachum isn't recovered. They'll be starting almost the same line.

Exactly. Beachum is already missing time due to the knee and wont practice today.

Quote:Knowing the protections and having them coordinated with the other 4 linemen is one of the more difficult aspects of the oline.

That is why you often hear of the line "needing time to gel".

I think those are euphemisms most of the time.

with that logic, getting a lineman in the draft or signing a free agent will set you back because they are different and haven't gelled.

I understand teamwork is important - but you are professional athletes.  Why don't they all get together in the offseason and train together nonstop (even without the coaches) so this can't be used as an excuse?  

Quote:Knowing protections for your position may be simple but knowing and trusting the other 4 offensive linemen are reading the same defensive scheme takes a few years.  You don't just walk in the door, read the playbook, and know whether teams like the Ravens are coming at you with a LB or Safety blitz (and drop a DE back) or whether they are going to pull back into zone coverage.

I know where your coming from (as an individual offensive lineman) standpoint though

and if offseason training and traning camp isn't enough to get them to "gel", then they need to work out together and practice these drills on their own time.  

'Excuse'.

lol

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I thought Gus said they weren't going to hold Dante Fowler back? He was off for Sunday nights practice,Monday was whole teams day off and now he's given another day off. He's not veteran like Miller or Posluszny! I don't get it.
He's a valuable player coming off a major knee surgery.

With all the reports of him dominating and being asked to slow down a bit in camp, a day off to protect and guage the recovery of his knee seems pretty normal to me.

They don't want him to hurt himself again.

Quote:They don't want him to hurt himself again.

Or anyone on offense. Dude's a wrecking ball, gonna be force for offenses to reckon with.

I don't see how anyone can say that a line with a healthy Linder is basically the same line as last year.

Quote:Or anyone on offense. Dude's a wrecking ball, gonna be force for offenses to reckon with.

Absolutely.He nearly put Wells on his back with that bull rush.

Other teams with have to keep a TE our RB to help the OT.

Quote:Or anyone on offense. Dude's a wrecking ball, gonna be force for offenses to reckon with.

Absolutely.He nearly put Wells on his back with that bull rush.

Other teams with have to keep a TE our RB to help the OT.