Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Training Camp Twitter Thread

Quote: 

<div>[Image: CpBtfSkWgAA2N1O.jpg]

Tony Khan [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]@TonyKhan
My mother surprised me late last night with the GOAT text. I love you, Mom! pic.twitter.com/um85wv1Bc5

</div>
That's one cool mom.... albeit a lil late to that party

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

LOL. NFL NETWORK Training Camp interview with Jared Odrick. Their profile pic has him in a Dolphins uniform.

Quote:Only good reports about House so far.

All this talk about Amukamara - I don't get it.

He''ll be on the bench in week 5 when Colvin returns. He might even split outside CB reps with Ramsey some during those first 4 weeks.

He's better depth than Gratz, but that's about it IMO.

What are you talking about? Even Giants fans said he was very good but was always hurt. When healthy hes better than Colvin unless Colvin takes nice step forward.

Quote:What are you talking about? Even Giants fans said he was very good but was always hurt. When healthy hes better than Colvin unless Colvin takes nice step forward.
Not sure I get the Prince hate... or the over-love for Colvin.

Colvin is a great nickel. That's about it...

However... with all these talented DBs, I could see them mix up some crazy line ups if they wanted. Maybe slide Ramsey next to Gipson with House/Prince outside and Colvin nickel...

Certain passing situations (dime obviously) could have House Prince Colvin and Ramsey all out there. Not a bad problem to have.

More important... Gratz likely is a cut, I think Nick Marshall takes his spot.

This year

1.House

2.Ramsey

3.Colvin

4. Prince

5. Marshall

Quote:What are you talking about? Even Giants fans said he was very good but was always hurt. When healthy hes better than Colvin unless Colvin takes nice step forward.
I watched him play enough to have my own opinion.

I think he's solid. Sometimes good. But nothing great.

Watching him get torched by receivers that likely won't make our roster at mini-camp only confirmed my prior opinion.

I'm not hating on the guy, but I don't expect much from him other than solid depth.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016, 01:00 PM by irontrooper83.)

I agree about Amukamara. He's been very good in camp so far.

House and him are also the only DBs who managed to defend some passes against ARob (this player is fantastic, can't say it enough). 

House in particular has been on fire but Prince hasn't been far behind from what was reported and the few videos we managed to see.

Worst case he'll be solid depth.

Soo Fowler is the mvp of training camp so far?

Quote:I watched him play enough to have my own opinion.

Watching him get torched by receivers that likely won't make our roster at mini-camp only confirmed my prior opinion.

I'm not hating on the guy, but I don't expect much from him other than solid depth.

Oh, mini camp? He got beat in mini camp? Settles it.

Impressed by how many Giants games you watched. Pretty random team to catch a good amount of games are, especially whrn they are on east coast and have plenty of noon games.

Ill go ahead and listen to Giants fans thst watched him every week he played over the oddly knowledgeable Jaguars fan who saw "plenty" of a mid level type CB on a diffetent team.

Quote:Soo Fowler is the mvp of training camp so far?

Yes, with Sheldon Day not far behind.

On offense it's gotta be my boy Arob. Killing it out there.

Quote:Oh, mini camp? He got beat in mini camp? Settles it.

Impressed by how many Giants games you watched. Pretty random team to catch a good amount of games are, especially whrn they are on east coast and have plenty of noon games.

Ill go ahead and listen to Giants fans thst watched him every week he played over the oddly knowledgeable Jaguars fan who saw "plenty" of a mid level type CB on a diffetent team.

Hmmm.  Not understanding your taking some sort of offense to me having an opinion on a cornerback. 

1)   I clearly stated that his getting beat repeatedly at mini-camp merely confirmed my prior opinion. So ease up on that snark. Or at least be accurate with it. 

2) I lived in New York City the entire time he played for the Giants. So, yeah, pretty random that I saw him play a lot huh?  The games are one pm over here by the way. 

I simply think that he's being over hyped around here and some fans may be disappointed by his performance in weeks 1-4 when he'll be needed. It's just my opinion.  You are just as welcome to trust yours over mine.  If he ends up proving me wrong, I'll own it and I'll be happy he's playing well, but I'm not expecting more than "slightly above average." 

Quote:Hmmm. Not understanding your taking some sort of offense to me having an opinion on a cornerback.

1) I clearly stated that his getting beat repeatedly at mini-camp merely confirmed my prior opinion. So ease up on that snark. Or at least be accurate with it.

2) I lived in New York City the entire time he played for the Giants. So, yeah, pretty random that I saw him play a lot huh? The games are one pm over here by the way.

I simply think that he's being over hyped around here and some fans may be disappointed by his performance in weeks 1-4 when he'll be needed. It's just my opinion. You are just as welcome to trust yours over mine. If he ends up proving me wrong, I'll own it and I'll be happy he's playing well, but I'm not expecting more than "slightly above average."

Agreed. Prince by far is not terrible, but they have a specific role for the nickel corner (blitzing and such) and Colvin fits the bill. It should be patently obvious now they want Ramsey on the outside. Still not getting this safety business with Ramsey...come week 5 Ramsey and house on the outside and Colvin in the nickel. Not saying they will cut prince, but a 1 year 5 mill salary won't be a deterrent.

Quote:I watched him play enough to have my own opinion.

So you've been attending the camp practices thus far-especially this week?  If so, I have questions for you, because I haven't been able to attend.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:So you've been attending the camp practices thus far-especially this week?  If so, I have questions for you, because I haven't been able to attend.

I've only attended one this week and they did all the 11 on 11 stuff on the farthest field.  Couldn't really see much.  

The reference in my post was from mini-camp. 

I'll be at the scrimmage tomorrow.

Quote:Agreed. Prince by far is not terrible, but they have a specific role for the nickel corner (blitzing and such) and Colvin fits the bill. It should be patently obvious now they want Ramsey on the outside. Still not getting this safety business with Ramsey...come week 5 Ramsey and house on the outside and Colvin in the nickel. Not saying they will cut prince, but a 1 year 5 mill salary won't be a deterrent.

I like the signing of Amukamara. Even if Colvin wasn't busted.  He's a smart addition that still could turn out pretty good and yes, is better depth than we've had. 

But let me put it this way:

If I'm Aaron Rodgers in week one and Prince and Davon are starting outside, then I'm gonna look at the guy Prince is covering early and often.  

I hope he plays lights out, but I don't expect it. 

He can't throw with Fowler bullying Bulaga and blowing the play up.

[Image: CpCND64WcAQNtyz.jpg]

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Tony_TDUB'>Tony Washington</a> [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/Tony_TDUB'>@Tony_TDUB</a>
Trust the Process.... #humblegrind #jaguars #jagsnation #appstatefootball pic.twitter.com/5Juvd59odv

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

[Image: CpB-GWNUEAIZVfY.jpg]

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC'>NFLonNBC</a> [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC'>@SNFonNBC</a>
Denard Robinson pleads no contest to careless driving tw.nbcsports.com/YN4P pic.twitter.com/Ngin1clfh5

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>[Image: lptJhFF0_normal.jpeg]</a>
<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>Michael DiRocco</a> [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>@ESPNdirocco</a>
ICYMI: Jaguars receiver Allen Robinson is 'playing angry' es.pn/2anXGfQ
</div>
</div>

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>[Image: lptJhFF0_normal.jpeg]</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>Michael DiRocco</a> [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>@ESPNdirocco</a>

ICYMI: Jaguars receiver Allen Robinson is 'playing angry' <a class="bbc_url" href='https://t.co/3JAmJzvCIT'>es.pn/2anXGfQ</a>

Seems like he always plays that way. He probably wants to get paid like Hurns (well, better).
No commercial messages in sigs