Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official 2016 NFL Draft Thread***

Hey the Browns made a good pick!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Hey the Browns made a good pick!

With their last pick. LOL

Quote:Scooby wright to the Browns
steal

Panthers on the clock.

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016, 06:39 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Jeremy Cash I hope doesnt get drafted, we coached him at the Senior Bowl and would be a great fit

Quote:Jeremy Cash I hope doesnt get drafted, we coached him at the Senior Bowl and would be a great pick

There is only one pick left.

I can't believe the Panthers had only five picks.

Quote:There is only one pick left.
I meant fit, why I said I hope he dont get drafted, typo..... It happens

I bet when fans of other teams read our board and see MJF posts, they say "wow the Jaguars have some of the dumbest fans in the world"
Shock the world

And the draft is officially over. Now on to UDFA.

Exciting past few days. Hopefully we look back at this draft in a few years and say "Wow, the paper grades matched the production" 

The 2016 NFL Draft is now officially over! Now we can all start discussing possible UDFAs.

Quote:The 2016 NFL Draft is now officially over! Now we can all start discussing possible UDFAs.
We already have. Get with it, J-Dub. You're slipping.

Quote:The 2016 NFL Draft is now officially over! Now we can all start discussing possible UDFAs.
you are late

Quote:Im starting to feel bad for Blake.

Normally I can take your combo attack of Negative Nancy/Debbie downer. But come on dude, really? I'm sure that our FO knows what they are doing waaaaaaaayyyyyyy better than you. Just enjoy what was an excellent draft.

And besides, you know that you can NEVER have too many pass rushers. Denver says hi with a ring on it.

Caldwell seems to draft towards the strengths or stronger positions in the draft.

I wouldn't consider OL a strength of this draft class.

Would you guys take Allen as he is now or Bowanko? I'm assuming that may have been something considered by Caldwell

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2016, 08:26 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Quote:you are late

No, other people were early. Teams can't sign UDFAs before the draft is over.

Quote:No, other people were early. Teams can't sign UDFAs before the draft is over.
who said they could?

Quote:Would you guys take Allen as he is now or Bowanko? I'm assuming that may have been something considered by Caldwell

I'd take Bowanko. I thought he showed promise, personally.

PFF wrote about Jaguar picks starting from round 4...

DT Day

Jacksonville gets a disruptive interior defender in Day, who ranked 34th on our draft board. Day’s 2015 overall grade ranked behind only DeForest Buckner and his 10.4 pass rushing productivity ranked sixth in the class.

LEO/OLB Holmes

Holmes posted an incredible +10.7 grade in the only game of his we have graded. He recorded eight combined hurries in that game, helping the Montana Grizzlies to an upset win over Carson Wentz and North Dakota State.

QB Brandon Allen

The Jaguars get the fifth-best quarterback on our draft board all the way down in the sixth round. Allen really came on strong his senior year and flashed some franchise type ability in games against Mississippi and Mississippi State. His +32.5 passing grade was the eighth-best in the country last season. It’s likely that Allen tumbled in the draft due to his small frame and hands.

DE Jonathan Woodard

In two games graded over the past two years, Woodard has positive grades in each, notching four total pressures and three defensive stops over the two encounters with FBS competition.