Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

Quote:Maybe I need slapped, call me crazy, dumb, stupid etc, But...........I kinda want Dwight back in Orlando now that Houston is officially shopping him.

You're an idiot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe I need slapped, call me crazy, dumb, stupid etc, But...........I kinda want Dwight back in Orlando now that Houston is officially shopping him.

Why? So he can wreck that franchise again?

Quote:You're an idiot.

Quote:Why? So he can wreck that franchise again?
Both valid points.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Anyone catch the dunk contest? Aaron's Gordon's sitting dunk may be one of the best dunks I have ever seen. No idea how he lost last night.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/469...ever-maybe

Quote:Anyone catch the dunk contest? Aaron's Gordon's sitting dunk may be one of the best dunks I have ever seen. No idea how he lost last night.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/469...ever-maybe
He was robbed! No doubt about it. All of Gordon's dunks (with Stuff) trumped Levine's. They were great dunks, imaginative, different, and executed extremely well. Levine has done what has already been done and while done well, it wasn't as good as Gordon's.

That being said, the dunk contest was finally good. It has been a loooong time. At least 10 years, maybe a few more.

;

Yep that dunk should have ended the contest. Levine is a freak at dunking but no way he beats that.

What was up Steve Nash's pants? lololol

Orlando trades Tobias Harris to Detroit for Jennings/Ilyasova 

Holster beat me to it. Not sure what what to think. I'll let it marinate for a couple days. What do you think Hail ?
;

Tobias Harris was the Pistons dream FA target last season before he resigned with Orlando. Since then it appears Harris has had a disappointing season, though. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Quote:Orlando trades Tobias Harris to Detroit for Jennings/Ilyasova 

Magic gave up early on Harris.  I get that he's not a Skiles guy....but man.

Now it looks like the Magic are going to move Channing Frye to the Clippers.  They are definitely active.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-trade-d...59300.html

Orlando seems to be clearing space while paving the way to get Aaron Gordon and Mario Hezonja more playing time.

Wonder if they will go all in for Kevin Durant or go after a couple of "B" FAs like Al Horford and Chandler Parsons. There is also the chance they reunite with Dwight... :pinch:

Quote:Orlando seems to be clearing space while paving the way to get Aaron Gordon and Mario Hezonja more playing time.

Wonder if they will go all in for Kevin Durant or go after a couple of "B" FAs like Al Horford and Chandler Parsons. There is also the chance they reunite with Dwight... :pinch:

I actually still have my DH jersey...not sure why I didn't burn it.

Bianchi seems to think that Orlando may try and reunite Al Horford and Joakim Noah next year. Horford will command the max but Noah should be relatively cheap. They should also have enough cap room left to sign another max level player. There are rumors that Durant would like to play with Horford but he'd be a long shot. If Orlando could get Chandler Parsons or Harrison Barnes with Horford/Noah then they'd be in great shape.

A group of Payton, Jennings, Oladipo, Hezonja, Parsons, Gordon, Horford, Vucevic, and Noah is not bad at all.

I don't think there is a team in the NBA with a better young core than Detroit. It's been a long time coming.

Tobias Harris would be a nice player at $8m per year but the dude is making an average of $16m per year over the next 3 years.  

He's like that dude that lulls the fan to sleep then you wake up the next day realizing he scored 12 points and had 5 rebounds the night before.

He's pretty consistent but he's the poster boy of the now typical big guy that would rather hang out taking jump shots than mix it up in the middle.

Quote:Tobias Harris would be a nice player at $8m per year but the dude is making an average of $16m per year over the next 3 years.  

He's like that dude that lulls the fan to sleep then you wake up the next day realizing he scored 12 points and had 5 rebounds the night before.

He's pretty consistent but he's the poster boy of the now typical big guy that would rather hang out taking jump shots than mix it up in the middle.

The salary cap is skyrocketing the next two seasons. From 70mil this year to ~90mil in 16/17 and then up to ~108mil in 17/18. There are going to be numerous players worse and older than Harris signing for more than $16m per these next two offseasons.

In fact, by 2017/2018 when the cap is up to 108mil and Harris is hitting his prime, he might be under paid in relative terms.

Quote:The salary cap is skyrocketing the next two seasons. From 70mil this year to ~90mil in 16/17 and then up to ~108mil in 17/18. There are going to be numerous players worse and older than Harris signing for more than $16m per these next two offseasons.

In fact, by 2017/2018 when the cap is up to 108mil and Harris is hitting his prime, he might be under paid in relative terms.

Valid points.  I need to bring myself up to speed with the true impact of the forthcoming cap increase.

Quote:Valid points.  I need to bring myself up to speed with the true impact of the forthcoming cap increase.

Some of the contracts are going to be ridiculous. Before the Harris trade, the Pistons fans on RealGM were speculating who the Pistons would sign this offseason. They were speculating that a guy like Ryan Anderson might cost $20mil. That is money that superstars are making right now.

The Pistons board was pumped about Harris being locked in where he is at.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2016, 02:29 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

<div>So the Pistons starting 5 is pretty stacked, but after the 2 for 1 trade and now the Stanley Johnson injury, Detroit's bench is pretty gross:

PG: Steve Blake
<div>SG: Darrun Hilliard
SF: Reggie Bullock
PF: Justin Harper
C: Aaron Baynes

That's a pretty bad 2nd unit and could be the achilles heel going forward. Not so sure the Pistons have the depth needed to land a playoff spot.
</div>
</div>