Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

Quote:Leonard is fairly well known as a superstar but yeah LMA has been balling the last few months.

He doesn't get the credit, and I don't think he even wants it. That's what makes him a Spur. Call me crazy, but he is a top 3 player in the league and trending up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He doesn't get the credit, and I don't think he even wants it. That's what makes him a Spur. Call me crazy, but he is a top 3 player in the league and trending up.

Perfect guy to take over from Duncan too. That's not crazy at all,pretty well established as a top 3 player this season.

I do enjoy a good all game of the ball & ring...jk

Does GS performance without Curry bring into question if he is truly the MVP?

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2016, 10:38 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Does GS performance without Curry bring into question if he is truly the MVP?

The age old question:  Does the MVP represent his play throughout the year or his value to the team?  Based on his play, Yes, he's the MVP.  Furthermore, GS has only beat 2 pretty average teams in Houston & Portland without Curry.  If one were basing the MVP on the value to his team, we may be seeing LeBron get the vote each and every year.

Curry -- Best Individual Season -- Best Player on Record Breaking Win Season  = MVP

Quote:44-38 > 35-47.

Pistons > Magic.
And that earned 0-4 in the dance. Same amount of wins for the Magic.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:And that earned 0-4 in the dance. Same amount of wins for the Magic.

Making the playoffs > not making the playoffs.

Very interesting.  OKC should be a very likable team but those Westbrook & Durant post game interviews really got me hoping they lose by another 30 in Game 2

Quote:44-38 > 35-47.

That is true.

8 is greater than negative 12

(This post was last modified: 05-03-2016, 12:38 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:Does GS performance without Curry bring into question if he is truly the MVP?

Nope. They're just that good.Take away Curry and you have Thompson and Green who would start on most teams. The rest are all elite role players. All that team knows how to do is to win games and run their system well. Take away any one player and the machine still runs.

Quote:Making the playoffs > not making the playoffs.

Not by much. 

;

;

LOL, no

;

;

Quote:Not by much. 

Making the playoffs is nice to build off for a team as young as the Pistons. Detroit has had it's fair share of [BLEEP] seasons for me to appreciate progression. I don't get why Magic fans don't see eye to eye on this. Making the playoffs would be a goo building block for the young Magic team.

(This post was last modified: 05-04-2016, 09:26 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:That is true.

8 is greater than negative 12

Yup

Cavs went under the radar this year.

Remember, last year they were up 2-1 on GS when Kyrie went out with his injury.

I think they can take GS (due to Curry not being 100% upon his return) but may struggle with the Spurs --- Kawhi Leonard can D'up on LeBron pretty good.

Quote:He doesn't get the credit, and I don't think he even wants it. That's what makes him a Spur. Call me crazy, but he is a top 3 player in the league and trending up.
Top 3?

;

Quote:Making the playoffs > not making the playoffs.
I would agree if it were the NFL. But the NBA is a joke when it comes to the number of teams who get in.

;

Quote:I would agree if it were the NFL. But the NBA is a joke when it comes to the number of teams who get in.

It's a great building block for a young team. It's weird to say otherwise.

Also, getting swept by the #1 seed isn't terrible for a team like the Pistons that had no chance at competing this year. It shows the young core how far away they still and how much work still needs to be put it. They get the confidence of the Pistons making the playoffs for the first time in years and then the reality check of going up against the best in the East.

Quote:Making the playoffs is nice to build off for a team as young as the Pistons. Detroit has had it's fair share of [BAD WORD REMOVED] seasons for me to appreciate progression. I don't get why Magic fans don't see eye to eye on this. Making the playoffs would be a goo building block for the young Magic team.

Not a Magic fan here. 

I'd rather barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round than barely miss the playoffs. I just don't think the difference between the two is much. 

;

;

Quote:Top 3?

Sure. Who could you argue besides LeBron and Curry? I'd even argue he is better than Curry because he is great at both ends of the court, not to mention can create his own shot without 5 moving screens, but for arguments sake, I will put him behind Curry. Who is better that I didn't name?