Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

Quote:What happens next year?

I don't think KD likes playing with RW. He shoots way too much. I think KD goes to a big market team or San Antonio if they can clear cap room.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't put it past LeBron, Kyrie, and KLove to take pay cuts to bring KD to Cleveland.

Quote:I am calling Kawhi a top 3 player based on his presence on both ends of the floor. DPOY 2 years in a row and is now a serious offensive threat.

Durant, Westbrook, Lowry, and George are not great defenders. All great offensive players though.
Paul George is a very good defender, what are you talking about?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2016, 12:46 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:I never said it did.
You went out of your way to make the point though in regards to what we were discussing though. Either it's a point to the argument, or simply unnecessary.

;

Quote:You went out of your way to make the point though in regards to what we were discussing though. Either it's a point to the argument, or simply unnecessary.

You're delusional.

Anyways, making the playoffs was a solid goal and building block for a young rebuilding team like the Pistons. Next year, the bar is set higher and rightfully so.

Quote:What happens next year?

Detroit vs Everybody.

Quote:Paul George is a very good defender, what are you talking about?

I'm glad you finally came around on him. Saying Stephenson was better than George for the Pacers a few years ago was pretty confusing. George > Stephenson.

Quote:You're delusional.
You make a point that has no bearing on the discussion we were having and I am delusional? Makes sense.... Blush

;

Quote:I'm glad you finally came around on him. Saying Stephenson was better than George for the Pacers a few years ago was pretty confusing. George > Stephenson.
Couldn't agree more. 

;

The NBA may want to extend the 3-point line back by another 15-20 feet just to make it a tad bit harder for Steph Curry...

What a freak of an athlete…

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016, 01:56 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Do the Blazers actually run any plays?

Just think, had Livingston not gotten ejected, Curry may not have even been in there. That guy had to of sold his soul to the devil to shoot like that. It's the only logical explanation.

Quote:Do the Blazers actually run any plays?

Just think, had Livingston not gotten ejected, Curry may not have even been in there. That guy had to of sold his soul to the devil to shoot like that. It's the only logical explanation.

I'm getting Curry fatigue.

Every time that they start talking about Curry on any sports show I'm watching (ESPN, Mike and Mike, even non GS playoff games)  I find myself changing the channel right away so I don't have to hear anything Curry related.

The constant Curry talk has gotten worse with his injury about whether he will play, won't play, will play but not start, can GS beat SA or OKC if he doesn't play, can they win a title without him, if he comes back will he be 100%, they should sit him for the rest of the Portland series, will he be rusty when he comes back and on and on and on...........................................UGH!!!!!!!!!

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

After what Curry did last night though, the talk is well deserved.  I would rather the talking heads talk about the legit best player in basketball than someone like Tebow non stop.  At least Curry turns it on when he is playing. 

Quote:After what Curry did last night though, the talk is well deserved.  I would rather the talking heads talk about the legit best player in basketball than someone like Tebow non stop.  At least Curry turns it on when he is playing. 

I think he is the best shooter in basketball I don't think he's the best player in basketball.

No Fun

Quote:I think he is the best shooter in basketball I don't think he's the best player in basketball.

I agree with this. Never seen a better shooter in all my years watching the NBA, but the majority of his looks come off multiple picks. Not trying to take anything away from the man, and he is also a great point guard in general, but seldom creates his own shot.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016, 12:02 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:I agree with this. Never seen a better shooter in all my years watching the NBA, but the majority of his looks come off multiple picks. Not trying to take anything away from the man, and he is also a great point guard in general, but seldom creates his own shot.
This is like the George take on his defense. Curry routinely creates on his own. Heck last night the shot from deep was this way. In fact, all but one of his threes last night were created on his own in OT. The one from deep and the last one with Aminu in his face were beautiful.

;

Quote:This is like the George take on his defense. Curry routinely creates on his own. Heck last night the shot from deep was this way. In fact, all but one of his threes last night were created on his own in OT. The one from deep and the last one with Aminu in his face were beautiful.

I don't ever recall saying George wasn't a good defender. I just implied he is nowhere near Leonard.

Quote:I don't ever recall saying George wasn't a good defender. I just implied he is nowhere near Leonard.
You're right. You said he wasn't a great defender. He's every bit a good of a defender as Leonard. He is an excelllent defender.

;

Kobe in his prime > Steph Curry in his prime.