Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

Quote:Mark Jackson or Vogel would be my choice.

My guess is Patrick Ewing

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:My guess is Patrick Ewing

No possible way.  That would be a Dr J as the GM move.

Vogel or Luke Walton would be a good move

I actually liked how he had the team playing

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:No possible way.  That would be a Dr J as the GM move.

Walton has been named HC of the Lakers.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Meh, was never really a fan.

seemed like when they played the way he wanted and moved the ball around they had success.  Then they would go into the 4th quarter and start missing passes and playing selfish and taking stupid shots.  I know Skiles didn't believe Payton was his PG and clashed with the front office about him.  A player like that just needs some development, I like the magic's future... unless they do something stupid like sign Dwight Howard.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I can't imagine Skiles was fully on board with the Harris trade.

Quote:I can't imagine Skiles was fully on board with the Harris trade.

Considering he buried Tobias on the bench here in Milwaukee and got two of his guys in the trade with Detroit, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one pushing for it. Zero Bucks fans are surprised he didn't last in Orlando. He cleaned out his office after the 2011 season in the hopes he'd get fired, but we kept him around for part of another year.

Quote:No possible way.  That would be a Dr J as the GM move.

Isnt Walton going to LA?

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

The Thunder are going to give the Warriors all they want. I think they will beat them. Billy Donovan knows how to work with what he has got and get the most out of it.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Then next Magic coach, Shaq with Anfernee, Dennis Scott, and Nick Anderson as his assistants.

I underestimated the impact of Stephen Adams on the Spurs series. I think he will give GSW fits.

Their success depends on if RW/KD can get their stars in early foul trouble IMO.

As much as I wanted to see SA advance, this will still be a great series. It's a shame the Aldridge investment didn't come through in the playoffs for SA.

Quote:Considering he buried Tobias on the bench here in Milwaukee and got two of his guys in the trade with Detroit, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one pushing for it. Zero Bucks fans are surprised he didn't last in Orlando. He cleaned out his office after the 2011 season in the hopes he'd get fired, but we kept him around for part of another year.

Oh I thought the GM went over his head with it or something. Move didn't make much sense to me.

Quote:Considering he buried Tobias on the bench here in Milwaukee and got two of his guys in the trade with Detroit, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one pushing for it. Zero Bucks fans are surprised he didn't last in Orlando. He cleaned out his office after the 2011 season in the hopes he'd get fired, but we kept him around for part of another year.

The whole surprising thing is that Skiles co existed with Harris for half the season was kind of the first red flag.

Tobias made it clear he was concerned about playing time when Skiles was hired.

I was never really on board with this hire, Skiles is not built to develop young talent. Case and point, the team began to flame out after the hot start because of his inconsistent starting lineups. When The backcourt would struggle, he would immediately yank Payton, Oladopo, Fouriner, etc and not let them go through their struggles at the expense to get a hot hand. Bad stragety.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I don't know how anyone can say that Steph Curry doesn't create his own shot...

90% of his jump shots are dependent on getting good screens, or defenders playing off the ball.

The rest of his easy shot which is layups are from missed defensive assignments, late rotations, failure to switch, etc.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Mark Jackson or Vogel would be my choice.

Can't disagree with those. My concern about Jackson is how will he work with the FO. When he took over GS, they improved defensively, but was marginal on offense.

How would Vogel use Vuc, Gordon of Dedmon? Indiana Bigs really regressed the last few seasons to the point where George single handlely carried that team in scoring.

Can't rule out Blatt. His system seems to fit the Magic the best. It didn't work in Cleveland because he had 2 good players who were best in isolation. He just needs to bring a good defensive assistant with him, perhaps Monty Williams.

Quote:90% of his jump shots are dependent on getting good screens, or defenders playing off the ball.

The rest of his easy shot which is layups are from missed defensive assignments, late rotations, failure to switch, etc.

Thank you. I wasn't implying Curry is incapable of creating his own shot, I just simply said the majority of his shots don't come from isolation and generally involve coming off multiple screens.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2016, 12:08 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Quote:Then next Magic coach, Shaq with Anfernee, Dennis Scott, and Nick Anderson as his assistants.
They can also sub in because the Magic got a lot of scrubs.

Quote:Walton has been named HC of the Lakers.

definitely reduces our chances of getting him.

Quote:Thank you. I wasn't implying Curry is incapable of creating his own shot, I just simply said the majority of his shots don't come from isolation and generally involve coming off multiple screens.
So what was the point in pointing out the obvious? That's like me saying the majority of Dwight Howard's shots come from inside the paint.