Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** THE OFFICIAL NBA THREAD ***

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2016, 04:17 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:What a great game. OKC is dangerous. They live and die by how RW plays, and if he keeps this up, look out. I am surprised they were able to keep the lead at the end when KD went cold.

On a side note, I can only imagine what youth basketball leagues look like these days with the kind of shots Curry takes. I feel sorry for the coaches who have to convince these kids that it isn't OK to take these shots.
To be honest I think this new wave of permitter play will be a 3-5 year fad. Golden State just lucked into a coach who was the same type of player who has embraced this type of philosophy, and drafted bigs who can shoot. This kind of offense will not last long.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Almost makes me wonder if the front office intentionally pushed the envelope even more with Skiles to irritate, agitate, and tick him off after Vogel was not re-signed. Hoping Skiles would quit and they could get their guy.

A long shot....I know....

The players especially Payton began to tune Skiles out. His hard nosed coaching style wore thin. IMO with Vogel not being retained it opened the door for Memphis who I thought was going to get him.

Now I want to know how will Vuc fit? Can't really see him at the 4 going forward, and I don't see Vogel putting him at the 5 because he's not physical and defense is suspect.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hibbert is brought in.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 05-20-2016, 05:07 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:To be honest I think this new wave of permitter play will be a 3-5 year fad. Golden State just lucked into a coach who was the same type of player who has embraced this type of philosophy, and drafted bigs who can shoot. This kind of offense will not last long.

It's the evolution of the game.  AAU kids are running up and down the court taking jump shots and dunking.  Nobody is playing with their back to the basket.  The 6'10" players want to play like Durant and Nowitzki.  In the past, people grew up on the playgrounds in Chicago and NYC where it was cold and windy.  That's why most of the players 6'7"+ were playing in the paint. I think the 30 foot jump shot is here to stay unless the rules change.  It's almost like a game of the 2 foot shot & dunk and the 3 point shot.  Players striving to hit that 15 foot shot at the corner of the foul line is disappearing.

Quote:The Magic have hired Vogel. I like it, like it a lot.
Awesome hire

Quote:Isn't that how Spoelstra started as well?

WOW .... good call !!!   heck, I should have been a video coordinator.

<a class="" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Roya_Vaziri_(NBA_general_manager)&action=edit&redlink=1' title="Roya Vaziri (NBA general manager) (page does not exist)">Roya Vaziri</a>, then the director of player personnel for the Heat, convinced then General Manager Dave Wohl to offer Spoelstra a position with the team.<sup>[12]</sup> Spoelstra was hired as the Heat's video coordinator in 1995, although at first he was not promised the position past the summer of that year.<sup>[7]</sup> Pat Riley was named the Heat's head coach not long after Spoelstra's hiring. Erik's father, Jon Spoelstra, said, "Contractually, Riley wasn’t allowed to bring in his video guy, otherwise, Erik would have been out of a job right then.”<sup>[11]</sup>

Quote:To be honest I think this new wave of permitter play will be a 3-5 year fad. Golden State just lucked into a coach who was the same type of player who has embraced this type of philosophy, and drafted bigs who can shoot. This kind of offense will not last long.

...or the coach is playing to his team's strength. I know, that's just nuts.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:...or the coach is playing to his team's strength. I know, that's just nuts.

Any coach would have success with that team. Luke Walton did. Steve Kerr fell into what Mark Jackson built. 

Good game by Toronto last night. Biyombo with 26 boards and 4 blocks. Good Lord.

I think the Warriors go 2-1 up tonight.

Huge win for my Thunder last night.

Draymond Green should be suspended for game 4. If Dahntay Jones got suspended, so should Green for his kick to the man area on Steven Adams.

Quote:I think the Warriors go 2-1 up tonight.

That's why they play the game.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Huge win for my Thunder last night.

Draymond Green should be suspended for game 4. If Dahntay Jones got suspended, so should Green for his kick to the man area on Steven Adams.

I agree, it was definitely intentional. He looked around real quickly after he did it to see if anyone was going to confront him.

It would be a big loss for GS if they do suspend him like they should.

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2016, 07:31 AM by Jagsfan32277.)

Quote:Huge win for my Thunder last night.

Adams should have met him in the alley after the game to beat him down to the ground. Thats how we do it in real life. Draymond is a scrub clown

Quote:Adams should have met him in the alley after the game to beat him down to the ground. Thats how we do it in real life. Draymond is a scrub clown

He's quickly growing into the biggest whiny female dog in the NBA. Every time he goes to the hoop he's screaming at the refs looking for a foul.

Yeah Green should be suspended for that kick.  Check out his mean chop block lol.

[Image: paMum9f.gif]

No Fun

(This post was last modified: 05-23-2016, 10:57 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:I disagree.

Role players stepping up at the right time bring championships.
Toronto survived scrubs catching fire for Cleveland. We have a series!

Quote:Yeah Green should be suspended for that kick.  Check out his mean chop block lol.

[Image: paMum9f.gif]

The NBA was very cowardly not suspending Green for his groin kick.

If Adams did that same exact kick to Curry, I believe he would have faced a 1 game suspension.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2016, 08:17 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:The NBA was very cowardly not suspending Green for his groin kick.

If Adams did that same exact kick to Curry, I believe he would have faced a 1 game suspension.
They should have suspended him but I can see the reasoning for not suspending him. No chance Durant ,Curry,Westbrook or Thompson would have been suspended for it either.

The Raptor's aren't that good. NBA is fixed.

Quote:The NBA was very cowardly not suspending Green for his groin kick.

That's their "Golden Boy" team right now. Should have been suspended at least one game. I think the higher ups would like to see GS win it all again. 

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"