Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

The existence of the movie "Stop or my Mom will shoot"
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The people in the blue shirts in Best Buy that stalk you like crazed psychopaths continually asking if they can help you find something.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Sure they are.

Just not on a golf course.  :teehee:

[Image: B9kcG4m.gif]

That gif kills me.  Laughing

The word trivial.

Quote:And while we're on golf...slow groups annoy the hell out of me. I don't care whether you're a good golfer or bad golfer, be ready when it's your turn and don't back up the whole freakin' course. I'm certainly no great golfer but almost always get in in under four hours...because I'm ready to play when it's my damn turn.

People that show no respect for time is not a trivial thing in my book. I like to think of myself as a patient guy, but to waste someone else's time is out and out rude. I don't like rude people.

[insert quippy quip here].

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I had to resurrect this thread to express an annoyance of mine I'm sure other golfers on here will whole-heartedly agree with:

Cigarette and cigar butts thrown on the golf course. There are enough butts out there already, let's not make it worse.

My golfing pet peeve is unrepaired ball marks on the green.   I see ball marks right up next to the pin.   If a guy is good enough to have his approach shot come down right next to the pin, why in the world is he not aware of the need to repair his ball mark?  

Quote:My golfing pet peeve is unrepaired ball marks on the green.   I see ball marks right up next to the pin.   If a guy is good enough to have his approach shot come down right next to the pin, why in the world is he not aware of the need to repair his ball mark?  

On the flip side is the guy who has to repair EVERY ball mark on the green.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:On the flip side is the guy who has to repair EVERY ball mark on the green.

I don't try to fix them all but if there are ball marks in my vicinity I've got my handy dandy switch-blade ball mark tool working them out. If I'm waiting to putt, why not?

Quote:I don't try to fix them all but if there are ball marks in my vicinity I've got my handy dandy switch-blade ball mark tool working them out. If I'm waiting to putt, why not?

I'm thinking of the guy who starts repairing ball marks before he marks his ball.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I'm thinking of the guy who starts repairing ball marks before he marks his ball.

I actually appreciate those guys.

Quote:I actually appreciate those guys.

SO YOU'RE THE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just quit being trivial!

:pirate:

Quote:SO YOU'RE THE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just quit being trivial!

:pirate:

Uh oh...stuff just got real on here!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:The existence of the movie "Stop or my Mom will shoot"

I liked that movie when I was younger  :pinch:

Quote:Uh oh...stuff just got real on here!!

I ain't skeered. *schlick* I have my switch blade ball mark tool on me at all times.

Quote:I ain't skeered. *schlick* I have my switch blade ball mark tool on me at all times.

Switch blade, huh? So it's like the golf version of the Jets and Sharks?

Quote:Switch blade, huh? So it's like the golf version of the Jets and Sharks?

In collared shirts and soft-spiked shoes.

Quote:In collared shirts and soft-spiked shoes.

I'd rather go up against a street gang.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Golfers complaining about trivial annoyances while playing a game that lends itself to trivialities.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I'd rather go up against a street gang.

It's all fun and games until we start snapping in unison.

Quote:In collared shirts and soft-spiked shoes.

I bet that you can pop a mean collar though! :thumbsup: