Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:Speaking of parking, parking spaces keep getting smaller and vehicles keep getting bigger. When you finally pull into a lot with wide spaces, it's like heaven.

Publix.  Nice, wide spaces.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Publix.  Nice, wide spaces.  
Where shopping and parking is a pleasure.

Quote:Publix.  Nice, wide spaces.

Except for the one here in Riverside...those spots are tiny too!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Here's another trivial thing that annoys me.  

Doctors who eat garlicky food for lunch.   Especially dentists and optometrists. 

Quote:some dogs prefer to be outside...I have Siberian Huskys...They like being in the house long enough to say HI! to everyone, sniff around to make sure no other animal has inhabited the house and then they are ready to go back outside...Even when the temp goes down below zero, outside is where they want to be...Before anyone starts with the "It's too cold for them" stuff, it's not...Siberian Huskys live and work in temperatures around -20 and can withstand much cooler temps if they actually sleep in their doghouse which mine don't, they sleep on top of it even when it rains or snows... http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showth...p?t=325399

And in the middle of the summer?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Really slow gas pumps.

When i am at a training for work and they try to make it "fun" by having stupid games and Q & A sessions.  Please, please please, for the love of all that is holy, just let me get the information and go on my way. It always makes the training last longer than it has to and it doesn't, and I mean EVER, make it better or fun.

Oh, and when people call on you at a training when you do not have your hand up.  I always want to say "I wasn't raising my hand, because I don't want to answer your question."

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:Really slow gas pumps.

My ranch pump doesn't have the auto stop feature AND it's slow.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 08:04 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:Really slow gas pumps.

Pro tip:

When the tanker trucks refill the tanks, it stirs up the debris from the bottom of the tanks.  This, in turn, causes the filters in the pumps to get clogged.  That's what makes pumps slow.

So when you see a tanker at the station... pass on by and hit the next one.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:My ranch pump doesn't have the auto stop feature AND it's slow.

You've got your own pump? Well la-de-da! :teehee:

Quote:You've got your own pump? Well la-de-da! :teehee:

Don't hate.  He pumps his own.  I thought y'all wimmin folk prefer a man to pump for ya anyway...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:My ranch pump doesn't have the auto stop feature AND it's slow.

Hey, that's the price you pay (or should I say don't) for putting off road diesel in your pickup.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Hey, that's the price you pay (or should I say don't) for putting off road diesel in your pickup.

The penalty for misuse of red diesel in some states is very steep. I've heard stories of intakes being borescoped in search of red dye. It's not worth it.

Quote:You've got your own pump? Well la-de-da! :teehee:

Did you think I drive the tractor into town to the gas station? Ha!

City slickers...

Quote:The penalty for misuse of red diesel in some states is very steep. I've heard stories of intakes being borescoped in search of red dye. It's not worth it.

They'll mostly threaten you with that if you get snotty.

Last I heard it's a $10K fine here.

Quote:Hey, that's the price you pay (or should I say don't) for putting off road diesel in your pickup.

I actually drive a Kia thank you very much!

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2016, 12:25 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Pro tip:

When the tanker trucks refill the tanks, it stirs up the debris from the bottom of the tanks. This, in turn, causes the filters in the pumps to get clogged. That's what makes pumps slow.

So when you see a tanker at the station... pass on by and hit the next one.

I'm sure that's not the only thing that makes pumps slow. Some station's pumps are just slower than others. I can think of two in particular that I try to avoid.

Quote:Did you think I drive the tractor into town to the gas station? Ha!

City slickers...

I've honestly never even thought about how farmers get fuel to their equipment before... Jesus, I am a city slicker!! Sad

People who troll the free agency period with fake accounts trying to get people to react to things that are not true.

I don't know how much of a loser you need to be to get off on that.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I've honestly never even thought about how farmers get fuel to their equipment before... Jesus, I am a city slicker!! Sad

When I started I used to take about 10 5-gallon gas jugs into town, fill them up and fill the tractors up like that... about every other day. That's a real slow process. Then I stepped up to a 200 gallon tank that fits in a pickup bed with a hand crank. More fun times, lots of busted knuckles.

About 6 years ago, I invested in a small gravity fed tank. Maybe one day I'll get the fancy auto shut off valve Smile

Real farms basically have a gas station on site.