Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:People who stop traffic to back into a parking spot.  The most egregious offense of this I witnessed this weekend in a parking lot at the town center.  Dude in front of me stops and makes me wait go around him to park so he can back into a space and there were a million open spaces for him to park in next to where he did AND he could have even driven through his space and been parked the way he wanted to park on the other aisle.  Oh my god I wanted to strangle him.

I hate those people!! I don't understand how backing in is any safer than backing out!!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That doesn't bother me..

What do you mean YO?

That does..

That's a low blow, yo!

Quote:I hate those people!! I don't understand how backing in is any safer than backing out!!!!

The company I work for requires it. The idea is that one can see cross traffic, be it pedestrian or vehicular, better looking forward than over one's shoulder. The transition from looking left to right is much quicker.

When backing into a spot, you've cleared the spot on the forward approach, and continue to monitor it while backing. Also, the spot itself typically is void of cross traffic.

Quote:I hate those people!! I don't understand how backing in is any safer than backing out!!!!

Ever thought it might have more to do with pulling out of the spot afterwards?

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Ever thought it might have more to do with pulling out of the spot afterwards?

I get that part, but you still have to back in to the spot...and the idiots in the parking lots that walk behind/in front of you still do it either way.

Quote:I get that part, but you still have to back in to the spot...and the idiots in the parking lots that walk behind/in front of you still do it either way.

I'm more concerned about the cars that come flying through when I'm trying to pull out.  It's much easier seeing them if you're pulling forward out of the space.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Plus, pedestrians don't cause the damage another vehicle will. From a purely financial standpoint, of course.

Backing into something sucks...backing OVER somebody would suck worse. :yes:

Quote:Backing into something sucks...backing OVER somebody would suck worse. :yes:

Depends on who they are..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

How about backing over something and then giving it the gas to make sure it's completely underneath the car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30l9m7lLlsQ

Quote:How about backing over something and then giving it the gas to make sure it's completely underneath the car?

If you're going to do something...commit to it!!

Drivers who have their turn right signal on make a right-hand turn, but don't actually turn, they just keep going straight.

Also, those drivers who for some reason, just don't use their turn signals at all, they just abruptly make their turn, or change lanes, without any kind of turn signal warning.

I am also counting those drivers who change lanes but don't turn their signal on until they are halfway in your lane.

I had one of those drivers just yesterday, no signal about changing lanes until she was halfway into my lane, then the signal came on.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

The dip then signal, always a fave. Thanks for the courtesy Pal!

Quote:Drivers who have their turn right signal on make a right-hand turn, but don't actually turn, they just keep going straight.

Also, those drivers who for some reason, just don't use their turn signals at all, they just abruptly make their turn, or change lanes, without any kind of turn signal warning.

I am also counting those drivers who change lanes but don't turn their signal on until they are halfway in your lane.

I had one of those drivers just yesterday, no signal about changing lanes until she was halfway into my lane, then the signal came on.

Quote:The dip then signal, always a fave. Thanks for the courtesy Pal!

Seriously, this entire thread could be filled with just traffic posts.  I can't wait until all the cars drive themselves.

Quote:Seriously, this entire thread could be filled with just traffic posts.  I can't wait until all the cars drive themselves.
No! No! No!  Once that happens everyone will be going the same speed.  How will I get my rage on if no one is driving slow in the left hand lane?

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Hummus with onions.  What are they thinking?

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

People in high zones who surround the boarding area even before they start boarding.

Bosses who ignore the 99 things you do right but always let you know about that 100th thing that goes wrong.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:People in high zones who surround the boarding area even before they start boarding.

This ^.  Ugh.  I despise these oblivious morons. 

Battling through a barricade of 40 airport-zombies between me and the jetway is always annoying.  

I've actually started to just plow through them sometimes calling out ahead "if you aren't priority or zone one step aside for boarding passengers" 

Quote:Drivers who have their turn right signal on make a right-hand turn, but don't actually turn, they just keep going straight.

How about those that can't figure out that "merge" is an instruction to join a new flow of traffic that usually involves speeding up or slowing down while finding your entrance into a new lane. 

Not just gliding to the end of the merge area and then cutting someone off.