Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

(This post was last modified: 06-23-2016, 05:58 PM by Kotite.)

I am pumping gas. Generic redneck couple rolls up at the pump diagonally from me. I see they are both smoking cigarettes through their windshield. She gets out on the passenger side. Still smoking and taking in the ambience of the traffic filled gas station in a spaced out gaze. He gets out. His cigarette a smoky nub attached to his knuckles. The two of them, smoking, pass in front of my car as I slam the gas cap shut and race to the ignition.

What the [BLEEP] is wrong with people?! There is no insurance from stupidity.
Only a chump boos the home team!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I knew a kid growing up. Not bright. Not attractive. His dad hit the lottery when he was a teenager and he grew up provided for and with a chick on his arm.

I think of him when the lottery hits high jackpots (like the $363M Mega Millions right now). I don't feel guilt about dropping $5 to spin the wheel. The lump sum would be enough to do whatever you wanted for the rest of your life (unless you're a moron or spend money you don't have á la Kanye).

I've got ideas man. (They just lack funding.)

As for people who drop $100 on five $20 scratch off tickets.. yeah I'm with you there.

I think my disdain for it comes from working in a shop when I was younger and saving for college.Every day I'd check the same peoples tickets and every day I would tell them they have won nothing and yet they kept buying them over and over again.

Solicitors who don't take no for an answer.

Quote:Solicitors who don't take no for an answer.

Two simple solutions.

Click.

Slam.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Why are they called the Mario Bros?

Am I to believe that Mario's name is Mario Mario?
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I am pumping gas. Generic redneck couple rolls up at the pump diagonally from me. I see they are both smoking cigarettes through their windshield. She gets out on the passenger side. Still smoking and taking in the ambience of the traffic filled gas station in a spaced out gaze. He gets out. His cigarette a smoky nub attached to his knuckles. The two of them, smoking, pass in front of my car as I slam the gas cap shut and race to the ignition.

What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] is wrong with people?! There is no insurance from stupidity.
It sounds like the same dangerously uncomfortable feeling that you get when you're swept by the jackass in the lane next to you at the indoor range.  I no longer go to indoor ranges, too many jackasses.

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Green Bay Packer "owners" who wear hats, t-shirts or license plates showing off the fact they "own" part of the Packers because they bought a share or two of the team.  News flash: this doesn't make you an NFL owner.  Can you fire the coach?  Can you make a trade?  Can you tell the GM who to pick?  Then you're not an owner.  You just gave money to your team for a worthless piece of paper.  It doesn't make you Jerry Jones.

<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Well over the hill males who wear Affliction or Ed Hardy shirts in a desperate attempt to appear hip and connected to young people (see Jim Irsay mugshot).
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Well over the hill males who wear Affliction or Ed Hardy shirts in a desperate attempt to appear hip and connected to young people (see Jim Irsay mugshot).

We can probably expand that to "anyone" wearing those shirts if their goal is "hip and connected" since those shirts stopped being both of those things a long time ago :teehee:

If you just like the shirt.... that's one thing.  But it a'int hip anymore. 

Quote: But it a'int hip anymore. 
I was hip, then they changed what hip was. Now I'm not. 

Quote:Well over the hill males who wear Affliction or Ed Hardy shirts in a desperate attempt to appear hip and connected to young people (see Jim Irsay mugshot).

I have yet to see anyone wearing those shirts that wasn't a giant feminine hygiene product and reeked of vinegar, meadow flowers and disappointment!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Worse? Way overweight people wearing Nike sweatsuits...or even worser ( sic) spandex, where the split in the back is sucking in spandex like an enormous black hole sucking in planets.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Worse? Way overweight people wearing Nike sweatsuits...or even worser ( sic) spandex, where the split in the back is sucking in spandex like an enormous black hole sucking in planets.

While riding a scooter through a large crowd.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

And eating a jumbo bag of pork rinds.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Why are they called the Mario Bros?

I LOVE this!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Why are they called the Mario Bros?

If you watched the movie, you'd know that his name is Mario Mario.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Jon Bon Jovi doing commercials for Directv. Not that I was ever a Bon Jovi fan, it just makes me feel old.

Quote:Jon Bon Jovi doing commercials for Directv. Not that I was ever a Bon Jovi fan, it just makes me feel old.

Surely he's not that broke?

...don't call me Shirley.

Quote:Surely he's not that broke?

...don't call me Shirley.

For the amount of money he's probably being paid for a few day's work, it would be hard to turn down.

Quote:For the amount of money he's probably being paid for a few day's work, it would be hard to turn down.

Very true. It's just amazing to see superstars doing those sorts of commercials.

Idris Elba advertises Sky TV over here. He was also DJ'ing at a nightclub about 2 miles from me recently.