Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:And it always seems like it's a surprise to them...like "oh crap...I have to pay for this stuff!!"

Or the ones that want the cashier to check the price on every..... single..... item....... Then hand them a 200 count stack of coupons, half of which are out of date or not in the cart, only to stand there and look over their ENTIRE receipt just so they can gripe that the 12 pack of Chek Cola should have been 7 cents less and would like a manager to come over, explain why it is not,and kindly offer a refund of the overcharge, all the while my Ben and Jerry's has melted and I have Cherry Garcia on my new Chuck Taylor's.
Signature goes here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Old people who still write out checks ahead of you at the grocery store.. You've been writing checks for 300 [BAD WORD REMOVED] years now.. You'd think they'd be a little quicker at it by now..

I didn't think that still happened until it happened to me a few weeks ago. Funny thing though, I roll my eyes now when someone is paying cash. After the customer counts it, the cashier counts it, puts it in the drawer, pulls out the change and counts it, hands it to the customer and they count it, twenty people could have made it through swiping a card.

I rarely carry cash anymore. Not only is it a better way to manage funds but it also thwarts the magical cash detector that wives and children somehow possess.

Christmas in July...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I hate it when I accidentally jab a fork in my eye.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I hate it when I accidentally jab a fork in my eye.

This uh... this happen a lot to you?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I didn't think that still happened until it happened to me a few weeks ago. Funny thing though, I roll my eyes now when someone is paying cash. After the customer counts it, the cashier counts it, puts it in the drawer, pulls out the change and counts it, hands it to the customer and they count it, twenty people could have made it through swiping a card.
I don't know. The new chip cards take as long as a cash transaction IMO.

(Depending on which menu/system the merchant is operating)

Quote:This uh... this happen a lot to you?

Define 'a lot'.

Quote:Define 'a lot'.

As in, has it ever happened ever?

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I hate it when I accidentally jab a fork in my eye.

Ooohh.... that smarts.  

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/v...hate/n9252

Quote:I don't know. The new chip cards take as long as a cash transaction IMO.

OMG!!! I hate those chip cards!! They make me stabby!!!

Quote:OMG!!! I hate those chip cards!! They make me stabby!!!

Yeah, me too.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:OMG!!! I hate those chip cards!! They make me stabby!!!

I think the software the merchants are using just needs an upgrade to process them quicker.  

My favorite part of the current system is when the card reader prompts you to remove your card (after it finally processes the transaction) - but it does so with a sound akin to a fire alarm.  At which point - anyone in line or nearby looks at you like you are trying to rob the place  :teehee:  :woot:

Quote:I think the software the merchants are using just needs an upgrade to process them quicker.  

My favorite part of the current system is when the card reader prompts you to remove your card (after it finally processes the transaction) - but it does so with a sound akin to a fire alarm.  At which point - anyone in line or nearby looks at you like you are trying to rob the place  :teehee:  :woot:

I laugh at that sound too!! It always sounds like it's declining your card or something. They need a better sound! Lol

Quote:Ooohh.... that smarts.  

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/v...hate/n9252

I hate it when that happens.

I was going to mention that. Here, the chip readers are definitely slower than swiping, but still faster than someone paying cash.

Quote:I think the software the merchants are using just needs an upgrade to process them quicker.  

I like that sound! I will never leave my card in the reader.

You guys still think chip cards are new? That's adorable! Most stores around here are already onto contactless payments. 

Quote:You guys still think chip cards are new? That's adorable! Most stores around here are already onto contactless payments. 

We're naturally suspicious of tech that gives others more control over us.

Unless you attach like Japanese anime characters to it and call it a game.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:We're naturally suspicious of tech that gives others more control over us.
I don't see how contactless cedes any more control than the chip card or even the good old magnetic strip.