Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:Being stuck behind someone turning at an intersection who seemingly waits for a written invitation to pull into traffic.
Sorry. I may be one of those guys.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:One time we were taking annual inventory where I worked, and they sent me to get everyone something to eat.   There were a lot of people doing inventory, so we decided to get some food from the Burger King, and to keep it simple, we said, order a whopper or a fish sandwich.   So I got everyone's order, and I went into the Burger King and I go up to the counter and I said I need 47 Whoppers and 32 Fish Sandwiches, and the girl behind the counter says, "Will that be for here or to go?"
I hear people ask me stupid questions all the time too. But, I also find myself saying stupid things as well. Usually it's out of habit though. I have told an aquaitance once at the end of a conversation, "okay, love ya, bye" how embarrassing!

Quote:Sorry. I may be one of those guys.

Well YOU SUCK.

(ahem) All better now.

Quote:Well YOU SUCK.

(ahem) All better now.
It's not that I'm trying to irritate the guy behind me. Although, if they blow their horn, that's an automatic :30 penalty they'll have to wait.

I know as I'm driving I see people turning out in front of me and I'm now on their butt and look in my mirror and see not a soul behind me. So I guess, aside from trying to be safe, I try to extend the same courtesy and I hope to receive. But then again, I'm not that guy who is really ever in a rush.

Quote:It's not that I'm trying to irritate the guy behind me. Although, if they blow their horn, that's an automatic :30 penalty they'll have to wait.

I know as I'm driving I see people turning out in front of me and I'm now on their butt and look in my mirror and see not a soul behind me. So I guess, aside from trying to be safe, I try to extend the same courtesy and I hope to receive. But then again, I'm not that guy who is really ever in a rush.

I get that. It's the people who pause if they so much as see a car on the horizon. Due to heavy traffic, sometimes you just have to shoot for the gap. But yeah, the fools who pull out in front of cars when there's not another behind are irritating as well.

Quote:Being stuck behind someone turning at an intersection who seemingly waits for a written invitation to pull into traffic. 

Yeah, those are known as scared drivers and, unfortunately, you will encounter them from time to time.

I just happened to find myself behind one of them this morning, and she was making a right turn, yep, that's right.

I did take a look over as I passed her after we both turned right and did notice her just yapping away and flapping her arms while talking to her passenger.

She might have just not been paying attention when she got to the intersection because she just sat there with her turn signal on, even though there wasn't anybody coming from that direction.

The reason doesn't really matter though, she still just sat there when she should have just stopped, looked and then made the simple right turn.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I get that. It's the people who pause if they so much as see a car on the horizon. Due to heavy traffic, sometimes you just have to shoot for the gap. But yeah, the fools who pull out in front of cars when there's not another behind are irritating as well.

Yeah, those people are usually texting. But like you said, if traffic is heavy then my passengers better prepare for a launch. Warning, there may be some wheel spin. Not because it's necessary, but because I enjoy it as well as the scared looks of my passenger's faces.

Quote:Yeah, those people are usually texting. But like you said, if traffic is heavy then my passengers better prepare for a launch. Warning, there may be some wheel spin. Not because it's necessary, but because I enjoy it as well as the scared looks of my passenger's faces.
I love you man!

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I love you man!

Lol. Yeah it can be kind of hard getting wheel spin on my vehicle at times. Just depends on how many kids are in the bus at the time and where they are sitting. But, every now and then conditions are just right.

When you mother leaves a voicemail to let you know she called.

Quote:When you mother leaves a voicemail to let you know she called.

She was going to ask you to help her change out a light bulb. But since you won't pick up when your dear mother calls, she'll just sit in the dark...all alone.

Quote:When you mother leaves a voicemail to let you know she called.
If you'd answer her calls she wouldn't have to leave a message. Would it kill you to call her more often? Visit too? She suffered through 36 hours of agonizing labor for you, the least you could do is call!

Wow!! That was weird...I went to type "I hate that too" and the voice of my mother just flew right out!! :blink:

:woot:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2016, 09:32 AM by homebiscuit.)

Quote:If you'd answer her calls she wouldn't have to leave a message. Would it kill you to call her more often? Visit too? She suffered through 36 hours of agonizing labor for you, the least you could do is call!

Wow!! That was weird...I went to type "I hate that too" and the voice of my mother just flew right out!! :blink:

I remember the first time I repeated something to my kids my parents had said to me when I was a child. I paused and thought, 'My god, did I just say that?'

Where did my words go?? I expect them to go in one ear and out the other when dealing with my kids, but not the MB. My relevance is slipping.

McDonald's on and off affair with the McRib.

I don't eat McDonald's. But either commit or break up for good.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:You meant have a glass of wine daily right?

Right?!?

Erm... yes, of course!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:If you'd answer her calls she wouldn't have to leave a message. Would it kill you to call her more often? Visit too? She suffered through 36 hours of agonizing labor for you, the least you could do is call!

Hiiiiiiiiiii. It's your mom, I have something to ask you. Call me back.

Hi mom, saw your call, what's up?

Hiiiiiiiiii. Oh, I forgot.

Quote:Hiiiiiiiiiii. It's your mom, I have something to ask you. Call me back.

Hi mom, saw your call, what's up?

Hiiiiiiiiii. Oh, I forgot.

That's better than what mine does. She'll call me on my cell (my only phone) and then be startled that it's actually me answering.

EVERY SINGLE TIME SHE CALLS!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

My mother phoned my house phone the other day...

'Hi, are you at home?...'

'Erm... well, yes...'

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

My mom likes to text me. So I get old lady granny texts..

"H! h@w3 wORK g*6ng&
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:That's better than what mine does. She'll call me on my cell (my only phone) and then be startled that it's actually me answering.

EVERY SINGLE TIME SHE CALLS!!!

Haha!