Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:And it's always the same reply:

Ring ring ring

Me: Hello

Mom: OH!!! Bunnie!!, it's Mom.

Shoot me now!!!

Your mom calls you Bunnie?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:500 mls I think that's like 17 oz? Nigh on impossible to buy anything smaller than that, as far as I know 8 packs of 12 oz cans don't exist here.

The healthnazis here try to forbid selling drinks in larger qualities.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:500 mls I think that's like 17 oz? Nigh on impossible to buy anything smaller than that, as far as I know 8 packs of 12 oz cans don't exist here.

1.5 liters = 50.7 oz. Cans in NL come in 500, 330 or 200 ml sizes.

Quote:Your mom calls you Bunnie?

Don't judge.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:That's better than what mine does. She'll call me on my cell (my only phone) and then be startled that it's actually me answering.

EVERY SINGLE TIME SHE CALLS!!!

When I was married to my ex, I worked shift work for a good 15 years.  

Every...single...time...her mother would call and I'd answer the phone, the first thing out of her mouth was never "Hello".  It was , "Did I wake you up?".  

No matter what day...no matter what time of day.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The healthnazis here try to forbid selling drinks in larger qualities.

Tell me about it, our wonderboy minister of health has been trying to force us to pay a minimum of €2 per can of beer and a minimum of €8 per bottle of wine for "health" reasons. We already have the most expensive booze in Europe.

Quote:1.5 liters = 50.7 oz. Cans in NL come in 500, 330 or 200 ml sizes.

Can you get 8 packs or slabs of small cans over there?

Quote:Can you get 8 packs or slabs of small cans over there?
Depends on what you call small. I've never seen a beer can smaller than 330 ml, there are bottles with twist tops that are 250ml though. Looking at Heineken in my local supermarket I can get cans in 6x330ml, 6x500ml, 24x330ml or 24x500ml. 

Quote:Was at a party a few days ago and the lone American there brought 10 12 oz cans. Was resoundingly slagged by all in attendance for drinking lady cans. Didn't know that's the normal can size in the U.S of A!

But what difference does it make how many cans the beer is in though?  I actually think it has to do with that system where they try to calculate what one unit of alcohol or what one drink is.  They equate 12 oz of beer with one shot of liquor with 1 glass of wine ... Some kind of system to determine how much alcohol you are drinking regardless of what you are drinking.  Obviously, it's a flawed system. 

But can someone explain why domestic bottles are typically 12 oz, whereas imported European bottles are typically 11.2 oz?

Quote:I've seriously never had a stranger walk up and say something like that to me. That really happens to you guys?

I have had a few people say to me 'urgh... do you know what's in that crap?' whilst I've been eating, yes....

It's infuriating!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:But can someone explain why domestic bottles are typically 12 oz, whereas imported European bottles are typically 11.2 oz?
Because European bottles use an easy and comprehensible system of units and measurements instead of the complete mess that is the imperial system. 

Quote:Because European bottles use an easy and comprehensible system of units and measurements instead of the complete mess that is the imperial system. 

Although, us Europeans should do what the Americans do, and put a screw top on a beer bottle.

Quote:Although, us Europeans should do what the Americans do, and put a screw top on a beer bottle.
Heineken sells twist top bottles over here but they're all 250ml and no deposit so hardly anyone bothers with those. 

Quote:Although, us Europeans should do what the Americans do, and put a screw top on a beer bottle.

Twist top cans are my favorite.

Quote:Twist top cans are my favorite.

:teehee:

Call me crazy, but I kinda like the pry off caps. I guess it makes me feel cool. I also enjoy opening wine bottles with the "waiter" openers. I think that's what you call them.

Quote:Call me crazy, but I kinda like the pry off caps. I guess it makes me feel cool. I also enjoy opening wine bottles with the "waiter" openers. I think that's what you call them.

Over here they're called corkscrews....

I odn't mind the pry off caps, but it's just another thing to remember to pack when you go camping..

Quote:Over here they're called corkscrews....

I odn't mind the pry off caps, but it's just another thing to remember to pack when you go camping..
Or you could have gone to college and have been educated in the many dozens of way to open a beer bottle without using a bottle opener. 

Quote:Or you could have gone to college and have been educated in the many dozens of way to open a beer bottle without using a bottle opener. 

Yeah I should have done so... I'm quite proud of my teeth, so I'll refrain from using my jaw to open them..

Quote:Yeah I should have done so... I'm quite proud of my teeth, so I'll refrain from using my jaw to open them..
I've never seen anyone open a beer with their teeth and I don't feel like seeing that happen either.