Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

What's worse? Warm beer or foamy beer?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Warm Foamy beer

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:What's worse? Warm beer or foamy beer?
You mean like this? If so, the foamy beer is worst. 

Good beer which has gone bad.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Nothing like a piping hot beer to keep you warm in winter.

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016, 08:44 PM by EricC85.)

Employees that quit with no notice and then ask if their rehirable.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Employees that quit with no notice and then ask if their rehirable.

As in ask for their job back? Or like a recommendation?

Foamy beer is worse.  If you botch the pour the beer could go flat when the foam settles.  But then again the warmer the beer the more the foam.   Which reminds me of another minor annoyance:  The strange use of the word "warm". Just a couple days ago I was reading the directions on a bottle of laundry pre-treater, which read exactly like this:

"3. Wash with detergent in the warmest water the fabric will accept."

But what exactly is the warmest water?  It may seem like a harmless statement, as in the closest temperature to warm without being hot?  But when exactly does warm become hot and when does it become cold?  If there is no exact temperature to define warm, then warm is undefined, which means "warmest" is undefined.  If warm is the medium between hot and cold, then warm would be the midpoint between the hottest temperature in the world and the coldest temperature.  If both of these temperatures are positive and negative infinity, this means 0 degrees would be considered warm.  But it would also mean any temperature would be warm.     

I think I have now scientifically proven this point.

Quote: 

"3. Wash with detergent in the warmest water the fabric will accept."

But what exactly is the warmest water?  It may seem like a harmless statement, as in the closest temperature to warm without being hot?  But when exactly does warm become hot and when does it become cold?  If there is no exact temperature to define warm, then warm is undefined, which means "warmest" is undefined.  If warm is the medium between hot and cold, then warm would be the midpoint between the hottest temperature in the world and the coldest temperature.  If both of these temperatures are positive and negative infinity, this means 0 degrees would be considered warm.  But it would also mean any temperature would be warm.     

I think I have now scientifically proven this point.

​CAUTION! - Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or attempt to do laundry after taking this medication.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Timmy Teeball
Signature goes here.

When your significant other tells you "don't forget" some imminent task or meeting and it's the first time you have heard anything about it.

When I pay $60 for a six pack of beer at a Jags scrimmage game...that would be 4 cases of beer if I'd just stayed home.
Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:When your significant other tells you "don't forget" some imminent task or meeting and it's the first time you have heard anything about it.

And "supposedly" you were told weeks ago. Talking to me from the other room while walking away does not count as a conversation....
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

Most people

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:As in ask for their job back? Or like a recommendation?

Lol no he just wanted to know if I would separate him under a rehirable status so he had the option of coming back in the future.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Most people

And their crappy kids.

The 73% of a potato chip bag that is air.

Quote:The 73% of a potato chip bag that is air.
Switch to Pringles.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Switch to Pringles.

Yep, especially if you like a fresh can.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

73% air is better than 100% crushed chips.