Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Favouritism in the workplace.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Favouritism in the workplace.

Guess we can tell who isn't the favorite...lol
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Guess we can tell who isn't the favorite...lol

Funnily enough, It doesn't involve me directly.

I have a close friend/colleague who is having a rough time at home and he's unable to take a short amount of time out to sort things out. Whereas another member of his team (on his level) is having an issue, albeit very minor and non-urgent (could be sorted out on her days off and not at 1.30am on a Saturday) and she's been given 'as much time as she needs'.

The sad reality is that she's been given is as 'flexi time' but she doesn't do a role which would result in her accruing flexi time. She doesn't do any unpaid work, nor does she attend meetings in her own time which would result in her receiving time to take in lieu.

I feel for my friend. If it were me, I'd have just gone home to sort the issue out. Family before anything else for me.

Maybe he's too nice a guy.

Rant over.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

People who do not treat a broken stop light at an intersection like a 4 way stop.

I'm looking at you 90% of Jax after Hurricane Matthew.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:People who do not treat a broken stop light at an intersection like a 4 way stop.

I'm looking at you 90% of Jax after Hurricane Matthew.

And driving with their hazards on..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Funnily enough, It doesn't involve me directly.

I have a close friend/colleague who is having a rough time at home and he's unable to take a short amount of time out to sort things out. Whereas another member of his team (on his level) is having an issue, albeit very minor and non-urgent (could be sorted out on her days off and not at 1.30am on a Saturday) and she's been given 'as much time as she needs'.

The sad reality is that she's been given is as 'flexi time' but she doesn't do a role which would result in her accruing flexi time. She doesn't do any unpaid work, nor does she attend meetings in her own time which would result in her receiving time to take in lieu.

I feel for my friend. If it were me, I'd have just gone home to sort the issue out. Family before anything else for me.

Maybe he's too nice a guy.

Rant over.

There's a similar situation in my work place. A 30-year-old female who paints her clothes on. She is routinely given waaaaaay more flexibility in her work situation than anyone else. She's a divorced mother of two who doesn't hesitate to leverage her children for special treatment but doesn't blink about using family for babysitting service while she gallivants on trips to Hawaii, New York, and California that her fairly well-to-do father picks up the tab for. Extended travel assignments that everyone else has to endure? Fugetaboutit. Another coworker brought up the apparent inequality of treatment to management. He was sat in the Director's office and told that he should know women always get treated better and to not worry about it, 'if you know what I mean'. As a middle-aged hottie who I'm friends with explains it, "men are stupid". Yes, yes we are.

Quote:There's a similar situation in my work place. A 30-year-old female who paints her clothes on. She is routinely given waaaaaay more flexibility in her work situation than anyone else. She's a divorced mother of two who doesn't hesitate to leverage her children for special treatment but doesn't blink about using family for babysitting service while she gallivants on trips to Hawaii, New York, and California that her fairly well-to-do father picks up the tab for. Extended travel assignments that everyone else has to endure? Fugetaboutit. Another coworker brought up the apparent inequality of treatment to management. He was sat in the Director's office and told that he should know women always get treated better and to not worry about it, 'if you know what I mean'. As a middle-aged hottie who I'm friends with explains it, "men are stupid". Yes, yes we are.

I've got to agree with your friend. :yes:

Let's just say there are two distinctly different anatomical regions from which our thoughts and reasoning originate.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Let's just say there are two distinctly different anatomical regions from which our thoughts and reasoning originate.

There's a third region for dumb people.

Quote:There's a third region for dumb people.

Is there really a third, or is one of the others mislocated at birth?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:There's a third region for dumb people.

Analysis - from the common Greek "ysis" meaning "to pull from"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

People who abuse FMLA

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

People who freak out because they think there is a problem with a program that has been running for months and after wasting your time researching you need to point out to them that they've done something STOOPID.

Although the last part of that is kinda fun, the wasting of the two hours wasn't.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2016, 01:46 PM by Kotite.)

Anyone who isn't a girl scout peddling goods or asking for money outside the grocery store.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Anyone who isn't a girl scout peddling goods or asking for money outside the grocery store.

Santa hater.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Santa hater.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of that ringing bell.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Santa hater.

Doesn't like the Boy Scouts either...

Stupid people

I also like this link because the anchorette on the left is easy on the eyes. I think she's blond. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.clickorlando.com/news/woman-vacuuming-gasoline-sparks-explosion-at-titusville-car-wash'>Stupid people</a>. 

I also like this link because the anchorette on the left is easy on the eyes. I think she's blond.

Hey, who would think vacuuming up a flammable liquid wouldn't be a good idea? :teehee:

Quote:Hey, who would think vacuuming up a flammable liquid wouldn't be a good idea? :teehee:

The company that sells commercial car vacuums would probably sign off on it.