Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trivial things that annoy you..

Quote:Friday and Saturday night shifts suck!!

Especially when the general public have all been paid!! Wish me luck!

Friday and Saturday night shifts?

I feel for you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Friday and Saturday night shifts?

I feel for you.

I only do that once every 4 weeks. Unfortunately I'm on that part of my rota now.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:I only do that once every 4 weeks. Unfortunately I'm on that part of my rota now.

I have a 14 weeks period where I have to work nights. Not really my favorite part of the year.

Hey SF, you may have answered this before, will you consider growing Mary Jane if the laws permit?

Quote:I have a 14 weeks period where I have to work nights. Not really my favorite part of the year.

My issue with my shifts is that I do 3 12 hour day shifts then 2 12 hour night shifts.. so I have no preparation to get into 'night mode'. Meaning my first night shift is always really hard work!

Quote:Hey SF, you may have answered this before, will you consider growing Mary Jane if the laws permit?

My gut feeling is it won't be hugely profitable on the grower side, and it will most likely take a half dozen years to find out one way or the other. I'm not really an open ground farmer either, and theft would be a huge concern since the raw plant is pretty easy to turn into the finished product for Joe Thief.

To make a kinda extreme example, it would be like a Napa wine grower pulling his vineyard out to plant a crop that can be grown virtually anywhere (including our much cheaper Southern neighbors) in the world and that has no stable market yet. Huge huge gamble with 1000x more competition than the market you're already succeeding in.

Quote:My gut feeling is it won't be hugely profitable on the grower side, and it will most likely take a half dozen years to find out one way or the other. I'm not really an open ground farmer either, and theft would be a huge concern since the raw plant is pretty easy to turn into the finished product for Joe Thief.

To make a kinda extreme example, it would be like a Napa wine grower pulling his vineyard out to plant a crop that can be grown virtually anywhere (including our much cheaper Southern neighbors) in the world and that has no stable market yet. Huge huge gamble with 1000x more competition than the market you're already succeeding in.

I would imagine the for profit growers would be using hot houses. That wouldn't require much land allocation but I also don't know how extensive start up costs would be for something large enough to produce a profitable crop. I guess I was just curious if farmers in general were considering marijuana as viable in addition to their existing produce, if the opportunity arose.

Quote:I would imagine the for profit growers would be using hot houses. That wouldn't require much land allocation but I also don't know how extensive start up costs would be for something large enough to produce a profitable crop. I guess I was just curious if farmers in general were considering marijuana as viable in addition to their existing produce, if the opportunity arose.

I'm sure some are for the romanticism of it but my local circle is the opposite type of farming for something like that. (Open ground v fixed crop)

It would have to make a lot of money before I'd consider it, and over an extensive period of time (10+ years).

The equilibrium between supply and demand can be surpassed really quickly relative to the amount of time it takes to develop a ranch into production.

I kinda prefer crops that are harder to grow and limited to small regions.

When I'm in Dick's Sporting Goods testing out putters on their putting green when parents bring their little kids over and let them run wild with the clubs and whack golf balls all over the place because they think it's a putt putt course. This has happened to me on a few occasions.

Quote:When I'm in [BAD WORD REMOVED]'s Sporting Goods testing out putters on their putting green when parents bring their little kids over and let them run wild with the clubs and whack golf balls all over the place because they think it's a putt putt course. This has happened to me on a few occasions.

I love that a genuine name for a store is blocked.

Quote:What I see:

[Image: 119qn3o.png]
Touche' 

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

So many Blake Bortles & Dave Caldwell threads... booooring.

Quote:Dropping off stuff at the recycle center only to end up at urgent care for a tetanus shot and antibiotics because something I stepped on went through my boot and into my foot. And my doctor is only in Monday-Thursday so I had to wait 3 hours at urgent care. Among other things. To say I've had a crappy day is an understatement. 

You might want to stay away from recycle centers on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays when the Dr. is not in.

Also, paying better attention to where you are stepping might help also.

What the heck did you step on to cause you so much grief, do you even know what it was? Through your boot and into your foot, sheesh, that's some bad luck.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

When people appear to be almost ecstatic when Bortles throws a pick because they get to gloat about to the entire board. 

The Jaguars

Gus Bradley

Blake Bortles

Quote:You might want to stay away from recycle centers on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays when the Dr. is not in.

Also, paying better attention to where you are stepping might help also.

What the heck did you step on to cause you so much grief, do you even know what it was? Through your boot and into your foot, sheesh, that's some bad luck.
Amazingly enough it was a piece of glass that went through the sole of my boot and into my foot. It had to be the perfect storm of circumstances for that to happen I tell you. Even the guy who works there and helped me with first aid supplies was trying to figure out how on earth it happened. 

I do pay attention to where I'm walking more often than not because I'm clumsy and could trip on a blade of grass. It just was not my lucky day. 

When you go to take another bite of food, and the food already in your mouth drops out.  

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2016, 11:11 AM by RicoTx.)

Eating anything with tomato sauce on it when you are wearing a white shirt.  I think it's impossible to keep your shirt completely clean.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]