Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could the Jags/FO be looking for a trade?

(08-23-2017, 01:50 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 01:30 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: I'm not "clinging" to anything. I saw something interesting; I posted it. That's kind of the point of a message board.

When you bring something Ryan O'Halloran was musing about with Alfie on Twitter, that's not a rumor.  That's someone speculating.

A rumor would be if O'Halloran reported that he's been told by someone inside the organization that Hurns is on the trading block.  He didn't.

(08-23-2017, 01:32 PM)JNev Wrote: Not everyone is okay waiting until next year. And what do you seriously think Tyrod or Smith is gonna cost? I'd love Stafford/Cousins/top rookie as much as the next guy, but it's no sure thing either make it to FA or a rookie pans out fast enough to capitalize on our talent or at all. Give me the known entity now

The fact that you're asking about the cost of getting players who aren't being offered up in trade is the first mistake.  This isn't about being okay with waiting until next year.  Some here are simply acknowledging the fact that you can't fix everything in one off season, and sometimes you have to move forward with an eye on the future.  Doesn't make anyone happy.  

It is what it is, and this team isn't going to find an upgrade at QB via trade or free agency less than 2 weeks before the season starts, and any potential trade option winds up mortgaging the future for a short term fix.  There's a reason you don't see more trade activity happening this time of the year.  Teams value their draft picks.

How exactly do you know that Tyrod and Smith aren't available? Was it advertised somewhere that Sammy Watkins was available? These things are rarely public. The Bradford trade caught everyone by surprise. We're using logic of what teams could think given their situations. (Tanking and having a 1st rd pick play well behind a mediocre QB who hasn't won them anything)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could the Jags/FO be looking for a trade? - by JNev - 08-23-2017, 01:55 PM