Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any thoughts on the Barnwell ESPN article?

(08-24-2017, 02:58 PM)wrong_box Wrote: I disagree I think they made a good decisions...The salary cap effect goes beyond this year and next...They have to be very careful with the way they structure contracts and save as much of a cap hit per contract...We all didn't know Bortles was going to turn to [BLEEP], but picking up the 5th year option was cheaper than a franchise tag on him if he finally remembered how to be a QB, with less of a cap hit if he didn't so cutting him would have little effect...We all have known Linder would be resigned, we all figured Hurns would be too so I don't agree that was handled poorly...

Agreed...Look at the Pats, they draft QBs often even with the great Tom Brady still firmly in command...They must have an incredible QBs coach because they seem to have good young QBs waiting in the wings all the time, in which they trade for high draft pick...Too many good young QBs is a good problem to have!

I think it'd be more accurate to say that they make others believe they have good young QB's waiting in the wings.

Have they drafted a guy since Brady that's won more than 3-4 games?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any thoughts on the Barnwell ESPN article? - by nate - 08-24-2017, 03:42 PM