Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Florida Times Union - Rookie Diary: Jalen Myrick not a lock to make 53-man roster

We always knew he's a developmental guy. Hopefully, he lasts on the PS where eventually we may be able to put his speed to good use.

As for his chances of making the roster, it doesn't look good. We're not pretty set on keeping 6 WRs which tells me we're only keeping 5 CBs.  I'm thinking...

1. Jalen Ramsey
  2. AJ Bouye
  3. Alvin Colvin
  4. Tyler Patmon
  5. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - tall, rangy CB has impressed this preseason
Patmon is now a virtual lock with him coming down with on practice INT after another. Guys fighting hard to take over one the final spot are Brian Dixon followed by Doran Grant and Tracy Howard. Dixon has recently been in the mix with the starters as the top three CBs have been milking injuries. Grant was an OTAs stand-out, but he's been quiet lately. Howard I didn't really think was in the mix, but he's seen quite a bit of time on the field in these preseason games. 

Myrick is on the outside looking in at these guys, but I do like his chances to make the PS. I'm thinking Doran Grant will join him on the squad.

There are two other names on the roster at CB that I simply don't have a read on yet. Charles James II is a 4-year vet recently brought in, and Dwayne Thomas is a rookie and former teammate of Fournette.
'02

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florida Times Union - Rookie Diary: Jalen Myrick not a lock to make 53-man roster - by Jags02 - 08-27-2017, 07:28 PM