Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We will not support the NFL any longer

(09-26-2017, 04:23 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: See you later.  Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Do you feel better after letting everyone know what you're doing and why?  Literally nobody cares.

"Literally nobody cares."
Wrong... I care. I also applaud someone who has the strength of their convictions to take action. I had said elsewhere that if this team (the Jags) brought kap here I would no longer be a Jags fan. Sunday at London the team demonstrated that they already have a bunch of kap 'wannabees' on the roster.

Football is just a game... a game. The people who play it are professional athletes, not heroes by any stretch of the imagination. They are payed millions to play a kids game. They live a life of the rich elite because they live in a country which has provided them with the freedom to do what they want and to be successful. A freedom which has been (and continues to be) bought at a terrible price by the real heroes. The national anthem and the flag are representations of the heritage and freedom that was bought with blood.

For someone who claims to be an American to kneel and or not cover their heart during the national anthem is to spit in the face of the very men and women who have sacrificed everything so they can get paid millions to play a kids game. I myself am a military veteran (20+ years) and have been put in harms way more than once.

Yes, those individuals have a right to protest any 'imagined' grievance; they can legally kneel during the national anthem if they choose to, or they can burn the flag if they choose to. But just because one can do something isn't the same as saying one should do something. 

What ever the reason, taking a knee when one should be standing tall with his hand over his heart has been lost in the stupidity of this form of protest. It was ill conceived and is ill advised for any American to do such a foolish thing. 

I started this response by saying that I had promised that if the Jags ever brought kap here I would no longer be a Jags fans. They instead, as a team, followed in kaps footsteps. So be it. I am no longer a Jacksonville jaguars fan and will not waste my time nor support any NFL related franchise. 

Honoring one's country and the men and women who serve it and have died for it is more important than following a kids game played by overpaid, self entitled pre-Madonnas. I know I'm not alone in this conviction, in spite of what many on this forum say. Kneeling during the national anthem is wrong. Period. The NFL should never have tolerated allowing the game to become a political forum and thereby ruining it for fans like me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We will not support the NFL any longer - by StitchJones - 09-27-2017, 08:44 AM