Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We will not support the NFL any longer

(09-27-2017, 01:40 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 12:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Considering this is the first time anyone has ever linked a lack of patriotism to the NFL, shouldn't the NFL and its member clubs- particularly the Jaguars-get the benefit of the doubt here, particularly in light of the above referenced efforts of the Jaguars to reach out to the military?  If Shad Khan had held the fans here to the same standard, he would have moved the team to Los Angeles or London as soon as he bought the team because of all of the hate mail he got from people in Jacksonville.

I'm going to loosely borrow a phrase commonly utilized by some of our more prominent posters here and suggest those offended are looking for reasons to be offended.

Me?  I love my country enough to criticize it when I believe it is wrong or otherwise less than perfect.  Not because I get off on criticizing my country, but because we all benefit from a better society.  Not only that, I think my country is great enough and has worn big boy pants long enough to be able to weather criticism and adjust accordingly.  The founding fathers thought so, otherwise they would not have guaranteed the right to assemble peaceably and express grievances towards the government.

That is not for me to decide for anyone but myself.  I don't know the OP but anyone with empathy should have been able to discern that his/her decision was not an easy one.  Instead they were ridiculed and chastised.  That is what triggered my response.  The very people that have been saying the fans need to respect the players that choose to protest chastised a fan that chose to counter protest.  We can't have it both ways.  You can't receive respect if you are unwilling to give it.

As for me, as I have stated in the original Keap thread, I don't support the nature of the protest.  I do support the right of those protesting to do so.  In two weeks I will be in the stands.  I will be disappointed if players continue to choose to take a knee, but once the whistle is blown and the game begins I'll be cheering the players, second guessing the coaches and cussing the refs, just like every other Sunday.
Hopefully there has been a lot of less of this since Bradley has been gone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We will not support the NFL any longer - by Cleatwood - 09-27-2017, 01:44 PM