Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We will not support the NFL any longer

(09-28-2017, 05:35 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 05:28 PM)TJBender Wrote: This whole "athletes as role models" thing is kind of ridiculous. Jimmy Smith is my favorite football player of all time, period. I got to meet and talk with him a couple times when he visited the restaurant I worked at in high school, and he was a really, unbelievably nice guy. Took the time to talk and sign an autograph for me, which hangs framed on my wall to this day. I have nothing but nice things to say about him from the very, very limited interactions I had with him, and he was a true gentleman and a great brand ambassador for the NFL and the Jaguars.

No way in hell would I have emulated his private behavior. Not to knock the guy. Like I said, he was an incredibly nice guy the couple of times I got to talk to him, but not even close to being a role model.

Not really, most of these guys are heroes in their hometowns and local communities. People look up to them. 

Each to their own on Jimmy. I think Jimmy Smith can teach people alot more life lessons than someone like JJ Watt ever could. A great example of getting your life back on track after going off the rails a few times. In my eyes Jimmy would be a role model.

lol, its funny how everything is about race.  Out of all the people in the league you say Watt, a white guy haha

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: We will not support the NFL any longer - by flgatorsandjags - 09-28-2017, 05:38 PM