Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Dareus effect (Run D first 7 weeks vs. last 9)

(01-10-2018, 11:42 AM)Kane Wrote: Nice work!
Bills can keep saying they made the right move... and for their locker room and future, perhaps they did...
but in the short term, they lost out, and we won.

Kudos to the OP for some good research!

As to Kane's observation, I find it interesting the amount of talent purged from the Bills this year.  Aside from Dareus, the Bills jettisoned Watkins and Woods, who wound up productive contributors to the Rams, a playoff team.  They jettisoned Stephone Gilmore and he wound up productive with the Patriots, a playoff team.  They jettisoned CB Ronald Darby to the Eagles, a playoff team.

It makes me admire the work Sean McDermott did as a first year head coach to purge all of that talent in one year from the team and still manage to reach the playoffs, when they hadn't reached it since 1999.

It also makes me wonder if they would have won the game Sunday if they kept some or all of those players.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I will expound upon this further in a future thread.

As to the Jaguars, Dareus has had a noticable impact on the running game, and he wasn't even starting.  I am more confident in our defense with Dareus now than I was before the trade.

In fact, I believe the starting DL of Ngakoue, Dareus, Jackson, and Campbell is the best DL in team history, bar none.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Dareus effect (Run D first 7 weeks vs. last 9) - by Bullseye - 01-10-2018, 01:00 PM