Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perspective from a fan who has been here from the start

Great post.

This one was a fantastic season and I have to say it was really needed after the last few years.
This season was special for a few reasons, the way we played and dominated at times, the effort, the passion of the players and the personality they displayed going fearless in places like Pittsburgh and New England in games that mattered a lot.

I think we all know there was a couple of pieces missing to have a better chance at it (my only regret is having ARob sidelined for the year, he was the player that could have helped a ton against all those stacked boxes we had to face and in the final drive against the Patriots) but the team was just spectacular and gave it all.

I have some regrets on the way we handled that fourth quarter against New England (and the way the refs did too), it still hurts a lot but this season was magical and I'm proud of the team.

I'm italian and l remember last year staying up to watch the TNF against the Titans. It was scheduled at 2.30 am here and we put on probably the worst performance of the season. Being up till 6.00 am to watch that and then having to go to work, in that moment I was really down and It was probably the first time in a lot of time that I thought "I'm not going to do this for this team again".
Then the offseason happened,, come draft day I stayed up with the same enthusiasm for the draft and after a worrying preseason the team gifted us with that Houston performance and I was so happy and the season went on a fantastic rollercoaster.

We have a young team and good pieces to build on, next year' schedule is tough but it'll make it even more fun, hopefully the team comes back hungry and improved and we'll have another shot at it again, hopefully for a rematch against the Patriots (not just the regular season one that's already scheduled).

Messages In This Thread
Jags - by Jags - 01-22-2018, 08:15 PM
RE: Jags - by JagsorDie - 01-22-2018, 08:16 PM
Jags - by Jags - 01-22-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: Jags - by JagsorDie - 01-22-2018, 08:33 PM
RE: Perspective from a fan who has been here from the start - by irontrooper83 - 01-23-2018, 09:12 AM