Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A. J. McCarron Free Agency MERGED THREADS

(03-13-2018, 03:20 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 01:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Checkmate, Jocksniffer. Check. Mate.

Four years paying his dues as an NFL back-up makes some people forget how fortunate some are to possess championship game experience....twice in two years.

[Image: aj.jpg?alias=standard_600x400]

All of you Gator fans need to understand the Jaguars do NOT care where A. J. McCarron played college football. Neither do Jaguars' fans. The FACT is Cincinnati NEVER WINS playoff games. Yet McCarron led what would have been the game-winning drive vs. the Steelers until two Marvin Lewis meat-heads drew personal foul penalties essentially erasing the Bengals' first playoff victory since January 6, 1991. 

From the article entitled " AJ McCARRON WAS NEVER COMPETING FOR THE BENGALS" STARTING QB JOB":

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]McCarron recently joined ESPN’s Adam Schefter on his podcast to talk about a myriad of topics, including the fact that he was never presented with the opportunity to compete with Andy Dalton for the Bengals’ starting quarterback gig.[/font]

When asked about what he’s looking for in a team during the impending free agency period, McCarron simply pointed to said opportunity.

“I think, you know, just a chance to compete—that’s all I ever wanted. Coming into Cincinnati, ‘AD’ (Andy Dalton) had been there about five years or so, and I knew it wasn’t going to be an open competition,” McCarron said. “And AD’s an unbelievable quarterback, he taught me so much in my four years there. I’m just looking for the chance to compete, be a face of an organization, show them how I can lead a team, rally the troops...”

On one hand, this isn’t exactly a surprising, as we knew Cincinnati initially drafted McCarron to be the team’s backup in the 2014 class. There are many similarities to both quarterbacks’ respective styles of play, and the Bengals specifically drafted McCarron as an insurance policy for the offense, as they wouldn’t need to totally change its style should Dalton be out of the lineup.

“I think it’s a blessing in disguise, really and truly,” McCarron said when asked about the level of difficulty in sitting behind Dalton for four years. “Just because being at “Bama and being ‘the guy’ for so long, falling in the draft the way I did—I think my wife said it best: it humbled me, it taught me patience more than I could ever imagine.”

“It’s always tough as a competitor to sit there and see how things are going, or whatever the case is and wanting your opportunity to play,” McCarron continued. “I think the thing is to be ready and make the most of it. That’s what I tried to do in ‘15 (after Dalton’s Week 14 injury) when I was given an opportunity."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/2/22/17...ing-qb-job

Wow you're an idiot. His Roll Tide experience isn't worth a thing in the Bigs little guy. And "all you gator fans" doesn't apply to me, and for many here who, like the rest of the NFL apparently, that AJ McCarron is a minor talent unworthy of being a starter anywhere but Cleveland.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Messages In This Thread
RE: A. J. McCarron Free Agency MERGED THREADS - by flsprtsgod - 03-13-2018, 08:38 PM