Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Putting Leonard Fournette’s rookie year in perspective - PFT

(This post was last modified: 05-09-2018, 09:38 AM by Bullseye.)

(05-09-2018, 08:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 07:17 AM)Bullseye Wrote: It is curious that a person who contends RBs should not be taken high because they can easily be found later would then turn around and advocate taking a SS in the top 5.  You can find a good SS anywhere, too.  (See: Chancellor, Kam.  See also: Lynch, John)

Mahomes or Watson?  I would get the argument for QBs.

But not SS under your established draft paradigm.

I think Adams shows enough interchangeability at the safety positions to warrant that pick. Of course you'll also need a FS who is happy to come down and hit/run support to make the pick truly effective. 
(i.e. employing a scheme that truly mixes/disguises the safety roles)

You have a good point though. Adams isn't the best example if you're going to just plug him into a traditional SS role. I just saw his talent level on a tier higher than Fournette's at draft time.

A distinction with little difference, IMO.

FS are draft plentiful, too.

I don't say that to impugn Adams as a player.  I agree with you that Adams is quite the talent, whether you play him at SS, FS, or in a scheme where the Safeties flip.  Heck, at one point I made the argument he should be considered for us at 4 last year

But if we are simply focusing on positional draft value/availability, then how is a S (free or strong) any less plentiful in the typical draft than a RB?  Neither of our safeties on our top three defense were drafted.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Putting Leonard Fournette’s rookie year in perspective - PFT - by Bullseye - 05-09-2018, 09:35 AM