Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is why we need to build The Wall and Build it NOW!

(05-29-2018, 03:32 PM)TJBender Wrote: I really don't want my tax dollars tied up in that boondoggle. Drifter, I don't know if you've ever been to the American southwest, but the vast majority of it is covered in terrain harsh enough that building a wall on the border would be impossible. We'd have to build the wall well within American soil and effectively cede large chunks of land to Mexico to do it. That doesn't even go into how freaking easy a wall is to defeat. Smuggles are capable of driving vans directly over the top of "vehicle fencing", and scaling the most common types of border fencing is a piece of cake for anyone in reasonably good shape and motivated to do so.An economic wall is a far more effective measure, no matter what sensationalist headlines you find on Fox News this week.

I agree it is a mess and would be quite the project, but do we just throw the hands in the air and continue to let the problem fester because it's difficult? Many countries to include the U.S. have tackled more difficult engineering challenges than a border wall.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is why we need to build The Wall and Build it NOW! - by B2hibry - 05-29-2018, 04:32 PM