Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For Those Upset Caldwell and/or Marrone Weren't Fired

(12-31-2018, 10:29 AM)Firesky Wrote: Priority 1 is getting out of "cap hell". Priority 2 is finding new coordinators for Offense AND Defense. After that it depends on a lot of things as one decision/factor could influence others, but overall:

1. Keep Fournette, re-sign Corey Grant (if the price is right), re-sign Josh Wells (if the price is right). Keep Bortles (until a better QB option is secured; if that's not possible play Blake for a year then cut him after 2019 for no dead money)

2. let Cann Walk, let Yeldon walk, let Moncrief walk. Try and restructure Dareus.

3. Cut Malik Jackson, cut Parnell, cut Hyde (if Grant resigns; although I kinda like Hyde :/ ).

4. Draft Dwayne Haskins. If he goes earlier than our pick ... Draft Deionte Thompson & cut Tashaun Gipson (Starting Safeties are now Harrison & Thompson; who actually played alongside each other at Alabama and already have chemistry). Draft a RG or RT in the first 3 rounds, and draft a TE early as well.

5. Trade Telvin Smith (he's a big contract/cap hit ... and he's a liability, he's a SS playing WLB at 215 pounds. he seems to always be in coverage getting burned over the middle, starts plays flat footed, misses/overshoots his gap assignments, and whiffs tackles (see the Watson TD week 17 and all of Derrick Henry's runs) Myles Jack is a STUD and is probably better off at WLB if we draft a thumping MLB. I know that shipping off Telvin is unlikely and I sincerely hope he has a bounceback year in 2019 but I just don't see it, he played far too poorly to justify his salary this past season. Our LB's are the reason our defense isn't clicking and we will continue to struggle defensively until both OLB spots are tangibly upgraded; how many more times must we be gashed by a mobile QB before it's addressed yet all i keep hearing is about how much speed we have at LB. Laughable.

6. If the haul is good trade Bouye too. Don't get this twisted I think he's very good and played through injury, but Meeks and Herndon look like good young pieces and Hayden has been a bright spot at nickel and can play outside in a pinch, $15 million is a hefty price tag; if we can't get any bites on decent draft picks in return then keep him, don't ship off talent needlessly.

7. Re-sign Jalen Ramsey, and re-sign Ngakoue ... basically use all the cap space we just created to retain those 2 players, (and re-sign Myles Jack for the amount you save in trading away Telvin; but  that's a distant third as far as priority goes) Jalen and Yannick are integral to our defense's success.

We need to shed salary, acquire draft picks and fill holes, the stupid spending on things like Moncrief & Bortles last year REALLY set us back, while I know a lot of us want to reload and contend in 2019, there are too many enigmas and dominoes that need to fall to assure that's viable. I say try and take care of the future and let the future take care of the present. Burning all of our cap space to "win now" hurt us and looking at last year ... we didn't even win let alone "win now". Also on a final note, Shad should've cleaned house.

1. Honestly, u cant keep Fournette. U could keep Bortles as an option. With good play calling, he can be good.
2. I would keep Cann. I agree with everything else.
3. Try to restructure Malik. Do not cut Hyde.
4. STAY FAR AWAY FROM HASKINS. Trust me. You're gonna need more mobility behind this line. Don't cut Gipson. Why would you? Agree w/ the rest.
5. Trade Telvin? Over 1 bad year? Where he lead in tackles?
6. lol
7. Agreed

From your post, you basically want to rebuild. I don't think the Jags are thinking that way.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Messages In This Thread
RE: For Those Upset Caldwell and/or Marrone Weren't Fired - by Jay Carter 904 - 12-31-2018, 10:43 AM