Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
For Those Upset Caldwell and/or Marrone Weren't Fired

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 01:15 PM by JagsorDie.)

First off. thank you bullseye for always putting up good thought provoking threads, especially during times like these when most of us can only put threads that chastise the team, players, other board members, or all three.

on to your points.

1. As for addressing our roster through the draft. I have been thinking about it a lot lately and I honestly am still as up in the air about the subject as I was when it all started. First I would certainly use the 1 round pick, to address QB. I think it is our biggest need at this point and I think that even though the line and other positions need to be looked into, if we don't get someone that we believe is the long term answer (even if take a vet in fa I don't think he will be the long term answer) it is going to have very negative effect on this fan base. Whether it is grier or lock or if we make the trade to get haskins I think this FO has to address it first before we attack any other positions.  To add on to that, I think we should double down and draft another QB on top of the first pick. Personally I think we should use another pick and possibly go for Kyler Murray if he declares or if he doesn't I have heard rumblings that you could in fact still use a pick on someone in his situation even if he doesn't declare his intention for the off chance he doesn't cut in the mlb after he arrives.  I think if he does go for the NFL he is going to be an amazing talent in the league for years to come.

As far as vet qb's I think we will have to here what is rumbling around the league as we approach FA season because it just too early and there is not enough obvious talent that I see coming out to give a honest answer.

2. The offensive line certainly will need some attention. Even if it is not adding more big names in FA we have got to add depth. Ultimately I do not think we will see a year as bad as this one has been with injuries. But regardless it became obvious how shallow the depth really is on the line even in preseason when the 2's came in. We looked like absolute garbage iirc even when we trotted Kessler out against 2's and then as the season progressed those same men became our starters and we all know what happened from there. Whether it is draft or FA we have got to bring in some talent if not to start at least as a some solid depth. With cann hitting FA and parnell nearing the end, we need to address the right side of the line. As for how to do that I honestly don't know how deep the draft or FA will be.

3. As far as the man departing on D. I think we may have some of our answers already in house. I think that Abry jones looked very solid in the beginning of the season when he was called upon and I think we could honestly keep Jackson if we let Darius go which I know Is not popular. But I think jones could fill the roll of Darius better that Jackson and though Jackson had down year, he was very solid for is last season. so I would hope that this season is the outlier and not his productive ones with Denver and us. As for church I think that Harrison filled his roll nicely before being placed on IR so I think I would add depth there but the starters may already be in place.

4. TE certainly has to be bolstered and from my understanding there quite a few coming out in the draft so I would take the best available once we have properly addressed the QB. The WR position is hard get a gauge on what we have since this was such a off year for our QB's and line. I think Lee will add a lot and hope chark finds his own but I would put this as the third or fourth priority as far as essential need of offense behind QB, OL, and TE.

5. I am one of the few that is not on board with dumping 4nette just yet. I know he caught a lot of grief this season for injuries and attitude, but(like Jackson) I am willing to say this year was a outlier on his career if he bounces back with a big year next season. I think his potential production exceeds the risk of him having another bad season. Even so I still think we should look at some depth at the position through the draft or FA and also look at keep someone like Corey Grant who I think we missed more than we talk about this season. But I think this is the lowest of our priority positions to address on the offensive side of the ball.

Thanks again Bullseye, always fun reading through and replying to your threads.

Messages In This Thread
RE: For Those Upset Caldwell and/or Marrone Weren't Fired - by JagsorDie - 12-31-2018, 12:57 PM