Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
John Roberts Joins Liberal Justices in Ruling on Louisiana Abortion Law

(02-09-2019, 08:51 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 08:13 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You can say whatever you want, but your argument is just a bunch of nonsense to me. I don't believe a life is truly a life, until you take a breath outside of the womb. 

You said it yourself. Between 50-60 million people would have been born without abortions. That's 50-60 million unwanted kids. Where are they gonna go? Are you willing to adopt some of them? I guarantee most of them would have gone into the foster system, which is already overcrowded. You say abortion is taking a life, I say it's preventing a life from happening. A hard life in which that child would've been born to careless, irresponsible parents who didn't want it in the first place and would've probably either mistreated it or given it away to be raised by the state. I'll say it again. People are wreckless and irresponsible. There will always be unwanted pregnancies. Without abortions, what are you gonna do with all of these unwanted children? You seem vehemently opposed to abortion and want it banned. What do you propose we do with all of the unwanted kids who would now be brought to term? You can't just oppose something without providing some type of viable solution.

I think you make some valid but ethically questionable points here.
We can't know for sure what a world were most of those kids never got aborted looks like. Perhaps there never would have been any demand for illegal immigrant labor. perhaps a lot of those kids would have ended up in construction and lawn care in meatpacking for instance. It's impossible to know and to just assume that the world would be worse off is magical thinking in my opinion.
I'll grant you that a kid who is not wanted, but has to be kept, is more likely to be raised by a single mother and more likely to have a lot of difficulties early in life.
but I think that type of problem looks a lot different today than it looked in 1973.
We have so many more options for birth control now, and they have so many fewer side effects. Most of the options prevent an egg from even being ovulated in the first place.
I know that a lot of the pro-life people in this country are not with me on this, but I fully support making at least some forms of birth control free, or subsidized, and available over-the-counter.

Line them up at schools for the shot like they did at Basic then use dart guns for the free roamers in the wild.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Roberts Joins Liberal Justices in Ruling on Louisiana Abortion Law - by flsprtsgod - 02-09-2019, 10:56 AM