Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
John Roberts Joins Liberal Justices in Ruling on Louisiana Abortion Law

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 02:45 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-09-2019, 02:21 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 10:44 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 1. Disagree. It all depends on what your interpretation of "life" is. What you and I refer to as "life", may be very different. 

2. What are you even talking about? Your going off on a wild tangent, trying to relate entirely different subjects that have nothing at all, to do with one another. Please stay on point. 

3. That's your opinion. If I knew I was going to be born into a life where I was unwanted and abused, I'd much rather choose not to be born at all. 

4. Again, I ask you this, because you dodged the question. If we ban abortions, what do we do with all the unwanted children that will now be born into to bad families that didn't want them and into already overcrowded foster homes? In order to effectively oppose something, you need to have a solution to the problem. You're not giving any viable solutions. All you're doing is giving opinions on why you oppose abortions. What does unlimited wi-fi have to do with anything? You sound like a crazy person.

I don't care about your interpretation.  I'll stick with biological definitions. 

I'm illustrating the utter absurdity of your argument.  To say that in order to find behavior criminal that we have to subsidize an alternative is absurd!  Take care of yourself and your offspring.  If u need help grow up and ask don't just kill children.

An easy thing to say when it's not your head on the block.  

I didn't dodge it, I systematically dismantled the very premise.  But to your point, in a brick wall each individual brick and apportion of mortar has the capacity to support its own weight.  Likewise, human beings have the agency and potential to add value to the lives of others and thusvsupport themselves.

Do you ever give a direct answer? You just talk in circles. Be specific. What are specific solutions. If you get rid of abortion, what do you do with all the unwanted kids? It's a simple question. You can't "dismantle that premise". Someone is gonna have to take care of these "new" lives and the foster care system is a mess, as it is. This will be the last time I ask you for a direct answer, not some "off the wall" allegory that has nothing to do with the direct question. If I get that again, I'm just gonna put you on "ignore." Please just answer that simple question in plain English. I really would like to here what you would realistically do with these kids. You can't just say, people should take care of their own responsibilities. As much as I agree with that, we both know it's not realistic. It won't happen in many of those cases, maybe even most cases. There are a lot of cruel people in this world and most times, cruelty and carelessness go hand in hand.

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Roberts Joins Liberal Justices in Ruling on Louisiana Abortion Law - by TheO-LineMatters - 02-09-2019, 02:41 PM