Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
John Roberts Joins Liberal Justices in Ruling on Louisiana Abortion Law

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 03:37 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-10-2019, 09:43 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 02:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Do you ever give a direct answer? You just talk in circles. Be specific. What are specific solutions. If you get rid of abortion, what do you do with all the unwanted kids? It's a simple question. You can't "dismantle that premise". Someone is gonna have to take care of these "new" lives and the foster care system is a mess, as it is. This will be the last time I ask you for a direct answer, not some "off the wall" allegory that has nothing to do with the direct question. If I get that again, I'm just gonna put you on "ignore." Please just answer that simple question in plain English. I really would like to here what you would realistically do with these kids. You can't just say, people should take care of their own responsibilities. As much as I agree with that, we both know it's not realistic. It won't happen in many of those cases, maybe even most cases. There are a lot of cruel people in this world and most times, cruelty and carelessness go hand in hand.

If you don't like the answer don't ask the question!  The simple solution is that parents take care of their own children and those who can't ask for help, like adults, and we work through it as a society.

were roughly talking about 1.5 million children annually.  in that same time we spent 22 trillion dollars on wealth transfer programs.  In addition to that we contributed 2% of our GDP to charity.  It's not a lack of resources, its a lack of accountability and ill be darned if I condone mass genocide to subsidize it.

That's not the reality we live in.

(02-10-2019, 12:51 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Hmm - can't discuss religion, but can discuss abortion? Seems to be getting pretty close to the same thing. What's the foundation of one's thoughts in opposing abortion?

I don't think abortion has any thing at all to do with religion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Roberts Joins Liberal Justices in Ruling on Louisiana Abortion Law - by TheO-LineMatters - 02-10-2019, 03:34 PM