Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Is The List of Every Current National Emergency And It Is A Nightmare For Dems

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 09:39 AM by jj82284.)

(02-18-2019, 04:45 PM)Last42min Wrote: Democrats can and will use this in the future. JJ, you are too smart to defend this. I understand what Trump is doing. I understand the problem he is facing. I don't think this is the right solution, and in (x) amount of years when you're watching this be expanded by a progressive President, claiming it's not apples to apples, everyone is going to point to your defense of this position and use whataboutism.

Allowing the President to circumvent congress for something that is a problem (but not an emergency) is going to backfire in the long run. There is no EMERGENCY at the border. There is a slow leak, that causes problems and costs tax payers money. If the citizens don't like that, they should elect new officials. They should no roll over and contribute to the ever increasing powers of the President. I hope the SC strikes this down, because that's the best case scenario to prevent  future abuse.

One more thing: I was in the military. They need that housing budget.

1.) Not sure it's coming from the housing budget.  

2.) As I stated he has the specifically delegated authority under the statute.  He's also granted the most expansive legal authority under the constitution to enact foreign policy specifically immigration.  The SCOTUS intervention you advocate would be a JUDICIAL overreach.  

3.) There's no what aboutism, it's textuslism. 

4.) The last progressive president used executive authority to create defecto legal status to illegal immigrant children and give 150 billion dollars to terrorists.  Neither of those fit within delegated powers and both the daca program and the iran deal should have been subject to the legislative process.  The idea that if we're just nice to the left they won't shove things down our throat is asinine.

5.) The department of environmental protection was passed into law a long time ago.  A lefty president won't need an emergency declaration.  

6.) The SCOTUS invented a right that has never existed in the history of US or English common law to enact gay marriage over a duly passed state proposition in the most liberal state in the country.  Where's that outrage?  

7.) The judicial and legislative branches caused this problem by making immigration law progressively unenforceable.  A convicted rapist who kidnapped a child crossing the border currently has more standing than an unborn child in the womb, but Trump is exercising his delegated authority, that's the real problem!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
RE: This Is The List of Every Current National Emergency And It Is A Nightmare For Dems - by jj82284 - 02-18-2019, 06:11 PM