Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
SB Nation 3 Rd Mock

(02-25-2019, 08:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'm convinced the Jaguars will sign Foles and pass on a quarterback in round 1. If that plays out, I could see the pick being Jonah Williams unless they consider Hockenson to be the next Gronkowski. Williams can be plugged in immediately at either right tackle or possibly even guard if Richardson really steps it up after a disappointing rookie season. Either Fant or Smith would be solid 2nd round picks, although I also believe Fant's combine will get him drafted in the first round. With one of their two 3rd-rounders, they could take the best receiver on their board between Arcedo-Whiteside, Campbell, Sills or maybe one of the sleeper small school receivers who stands out at the Combine. The other 3rd rounder may turn out to be Grier or Finley.  Whether or not to take a quarterback here over someone like McCoy, who has a good shot at eventually starting at center or guard, will be a tough decision. If it were my choice, I'd probably go with McCoy since the chances of a 3rd round quarterback ever becoming a top-tier quarterback is very slim.

If the Jaguars pass on Foles, which we'll know very soon, the draft will become much more interesting, as well as nerve-racking!

I agree with this as well. I'm High on a TE as well if we pick up Foles. I don't think Richardson got a fair try last year and didn't prove much on the O-line. TBH I didn't know much about him last year, but if the Jags feel he could man the right side then that would be huge! 
I know you like WR in the 3rd, but what if we over load with two rookie TE's? Say #1 and a #3. A brawler TE (Do all TE) and a catch happy TE (Finesse, almost like a WR). I would really like to see the Jags abuse defenses with two TE destroying backfields.
If they can pick up Grier with the other 3rd that would be the icing on the cake!! With the second in this case I would go BAP O-Line, or MLB. The middle of that defense was weak last year and I'm starting to lean more on that being the only weakness on the defense. Jags need a hole plugger light Poz was. He used to hit that hole like a battering ram or that lead blocker like a tank. I don't see that from the LB's as much.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Messages In This Thread
SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by JNev - 02-25-2019, 01:11 PM
RE: SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by TheO-LineMatters - 02-25-2019, 01:19 PM
RE: SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by JagJohn - 02-25-2019, 01:24 PM
RE: SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by Caldrac - 02-25-2019, 01:36 PM
RE: SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by Dimson - 02-25-2019, 04:07 PM
RE: SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by NYC4jags - 02-25-2019, 04:58 PM
RE: SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by Dimson - 02-25-2019, 05:27 PM
RE: SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by BlueEyedJag - 02-25-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by jaglou53 - 02-25-2019, 08:37 PM
RE: SB Nation 3 Rd Mock - by JagJohn - 02-25-2019, 09:05 PM