Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Site Wide Mock Discussion Thead

(03-23-2019, 06:41 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 05:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Next year is the key. We have Calais this year. We can draft his replacement in 2020. Until then, Campbell and Yannick are one of the best DE duos in the NFL and we have massive needs in other areas (TE being one) and a TE in this draft that is most definitely one of the top 10 overall players. You and I can agree to disagree about Bryan. Bryan was a rotational player last season as Campbell and Jackson started, so he was indeed used as depth in 2018. We could've used that pick to address a different area with a better player, at a need area and filled the void left by Jackson a few weeks ago in this coming draft with an extremely talented 3 technique from a much deeper class. I had Bryan as a 4th round pick at best and so far, he has shown nothing to make me change my mind.

Plugging your holes before you need them >>>

The point being the purpose behind drafting Bryan wasn't based on filling depth...it was having a high ceiling pass rusher in place when one of our key players goes, same as the situation would be for pass rusher at #7. Whether you like him or not thats what the idea behind it was. I would have preferred Hernandez.  

If the Jags front office have a pass rusher at #7 who they think will become a top tier pass rusher...well then thats automatically one of the most valuable players in the entire draft. While I'd rather a different spot,I'm not gonna knock them for drafting a top tier pass rusher..

I 100% disagree about filling holes before you need them. In my mind that is completely wasteful and in the end, you still leave gaping holes on your roster when you don't address real needs. On top of that, can someone please explain to me how Bryan is supposed to be this "high ceiling" pass rusher when he only had 5.5 sacks and 10.5 tackles for loss in a 3 year college career at Florida? To me, he is no different than Rashan Gary, only Bryan was even less productive. I don't trust the front office to make the right decision after what they did in the last draft.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Annual Site Wide Mock Sign ups - by JNev - 03-12-2019, 10:07 AM
RE: 2019 Annual Site Wide Mock Sign ups - by Kane - 03-13-2019, 12:17 PM
2019 Annual Site Wide Mock Sign ups - by TheeKB - 03-15-2019, 04:46 AM
RE: 2019 Annual Site Wide Mock Sign ups - by Kane - 03-15-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: 2019 Annual Site Wide Mock Sign ups - by JNev - 03-17-2019, 11:42 AM
RE: 2019 Annual Site Wide Mock Sign ups - by JNev - 03-18-2019, 11:51 PM
RE: 2019 Annual Site Wide Mock Sign ups - by Kane - 03-19-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: 2019 Site Wide Mock Discussion Thead - by TheO-LineMatters - 03-23-2019, 07:15 PM