Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yannick Ngakoue skipping mandatory mini camp

I may be wrong about this but technically he can't get a "new contract", it has to be an "extension" of his current (rookie) contract.  Almost everyone agrees (fans, players, etc.) that he has out-played his current (rookie) contract.

I personally would fulfill the terms of any contract that I sign.  However, I realize that in professional sports and more specifically in the NFL that's really not the way that it works.  This current hold-out is pretty much "the norm" although it doesn't really give him much leverage.  All it does is create headlines in the sports media.

My guess is that it will go on until at least the start of training camp.  It's not "critical" to the team right now to get a deal done.  After all, it is just "pajama practice".  Once the pads go on it's a different story.

To say that this could have been avoided by releasing a proven pro-bowl veteran player that is better at the position as well as a mentor (Calais Campbell) is absolutely one of the most ignorant statements that I have seen on this board over the years.

Unlike many fans I have confidence that the front office already has a plan regarding how to manage the salary cap and how contracts are going to be structured including the dollar amount.  After all, these people (in the FO) are professionals that actually get paid to make these decisions.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yannick Ngakoue skipping mandatory mini camp - by jagibelieve - 06-11-2019, 04:02 PM