Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The New Era of Gardner Minshew stunted by Jags HC

(09-21-2019, 06:56 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 06:26 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oh, so you're focused on deep passes.  

You should probably understand that DeFilippo built this playbook around the strengths of Nick Foles. That includes LOTS of dink and dunk passes to receivers, backs and ends - with a few intermediate or deeper strikes mixed in occasionally. It's how the iggles won a SB.
While they are adapting things to Minshew now, they aren't going to radically alter that playbook.  

You also might want to take a peek at what is happening with that offensive line. The guards are giving up quite a bit of pressure and too many deep pass attempts could have the Jags on their third QB (who has only been with the team for two weeks now.)

Now - onto your thing about conservative play calls and scoring. DeFilippo stated before the Thursday night game that they were indeed taking a conservative approach with Minshew in weeks one and two but that they feel they can loosen that up a bit now.  They did that Thursday and got up 17 to 0.  

Now if you can't get your head around why they would get a little more conservative with that lead while their defense is dominating the opponent, I can't help you. Running the ball and trying to eat some clock is wise in that situation. 

As long as these guys continue to move the chains efficiently, I'm fine with the brand of play-calling we saw Thursday night and I'd wager DeFilippo will only improve upon the pass attack if the line ever begins to open the run game up as a counterpart. 
I don't mind if the ball is traveling less than 20 yards in the air on most of the passes when such a high percentage are completions. Don't mind it a bit.

I have to ask, are you familiar with the person you're replying to? If not, I have to say that you wasted your time typing all of that out. POE or troll, the beach boy is legendary.

OK  -  Didn't have a clear recollection of his former posting. It's been a few years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The New Era of Gardner Minshew stunted by Jags HC - by NYC4jags - 09-21-2019, 07:08 PM