Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan shuts down Ramsey trade talk

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019, 02:59 AM by Eric1.)

(10-04-2019, 01:58 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Campbell came here because we offered him more money than everybody else.

Coughlin wasn't here in 2016 for that draft class.

Campbell had the chance to ice that texans game if he falls on that gift wrapped fumble. He whiffed badly and the texans recovered it. Could have put the game to bed right then.

Yeah let's just pretend Tom had nothing to do with his decision, which he specifically cited as one of the deciding factors choosing us over Denver. The money wasn't crazy off either. The average per year for Denver was 12, ours was 15 and the difference over the 2 year deal Denver offered was about $4 million(12/14 and 15/15) and $6-7 million over 3 years. Yes thats a good amount, but not so much it wasn't in consideration, it most certainly was.  

And yes, maybe Campbell could have put the game away... but he also didn't shove his coach, baby rage, and then ask for a trade when he gets chewed out after a game by the 2x super bowl coach turned VP. Not sure where you are coming from here, Ramsey is the topic here right? I am specifically speaking in terms of his impact on the game, and being upset we weren't winning games.

More on Calais: 
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-free-agenc...cksonville

“I’ve been a fan of Tom Coughlin’s since I’ve been in the NFL and having to compete against his teams,” Campbell said. “I really like the way his mindset is and the way he prepares his guys, so I wanted to be a part of that.”

Money was the total selling point... Of course he isn't going to say it, but it's obvious it was... He was literally minutes away from signing with Denver until this team up'd their offer... Which he took because obviously money talks and it was exactly what he was looking for.

Ramsey didn't shove Marrone, he barely touched him. Just stop with that stupid [BLEEP].

Coughlin's team might have won those super bowls 10 years ago as a HC... He isn't a HC here, or any kind of coach. He might have been a decent HC in his day, but hes only proven to be dog [BLEEP] as somebody who's running a team. Further more, who gives a flying [BLEEP] about what somebody else did with another franchise.. I don't care if somebody won 35 super bowls with another franchise. Until they bring at least 1 super bowl here, it doesn't mean much in my eyes. As I'm a fan of the Jags, not the Giants.

And again, Coughlin isn't a coach here. He's a front office head... A front office head needs to stay in his lane and do his job... His job isn't to come into the locker room and disrespect a player in front of his peers. It's a bad look all the way around, period. All he's doing is undermining that actual Head Coach of this team by doing that. Which again, sets a terrible example for everybody..

The fact of the matter here is, this Defense has been top 5 in passing Defense since Ramsey was drafted. It was in the high 20's before that. That's facts. We got a quick sample of life without Ramsey this past week against a bad Offense and a terrible QB. What happened? His replacement made a terrible QB look like Tom Brady...

Give me the 24 year old who actually makes a difference on game day and makes this team better, over the 74 year old who's only causing problems.

Coughlin ran off Allen Robinson. He made Telvin Smith want to quit playing football. He's refusing to pay the best young pass rusher this Franchise has ever had. And now he's trying to get rid of our best player, who's just now entering the prime of his career... And this is all in not even 3 years of him being here... And that just starts the fun... We don't have to get into all the other blunders hes had in that short amount of time.. Giving Norwell all that money, paying Blake, paying Foles, etc etc etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shad Khan shuts down Ramsey trade talk - by Eric1 - 10-04-2019, 02:53 AM