Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug just put on a clinic of what it’s like to be carried past an 0-3 team

(10-05-2019, 09:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-05-2019, 09:22 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Bucky Brooks thinks our coaches have done a good job with respect to Minshew.  These last 3+ weeks make me think the HC and OC and staff are doing well.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...tter-in-19

That's an interesting article.  Scouts need to learn from their mistakes.  They need to get better.  Step 1 is figuring out how they missed on a guy like Minshew.  

I'm not sure Bucky has it figured out, but at least he's trying.

But that's just it.

Scouting and drafting are such inexact sciences guys are always going to be drafted higher than they should and fall lower than they should.

Part of the reason is intangible qualities are important to player success, and there's not many ways to quantify intangibles.

I don't know just how successful Minshew will be.  But at this stage, I am thrilled he fell to us and we took him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Doug just put on a clinic of what it’s like to be carried past an 0-3 team - by Bullseye - 10-05-2019, 11:29 AM