Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE

(10-07-2019, 07:14 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The problem with Myles Jack is that they put entirely too much on his plate early. I think a lot of people forget, including myself sometimes, that he's still young. He just turned 24 just before the start of the season. He was really rotated back and forth at UCLA between LB and RB and then he tore his knee up in 2015 and ended up being an early 2nd RD pick (that was touted as 1st RD talent) during the 2016 draft.

He only had TWO decent years of experience in college at LB and some of his learning was hindered by being depended upon to carry it on offense at RB. And then the injury obviously sets him back another year for experience. He still has a lot of learning to do. I don't mind his contract extension. I think they went ahead and sealed the deal with him after Jerry Jones went all in on Jaylon Smith.

Makes sense on paper. Especially with him being 24 years old. What we're seeing this year is just a general lack of overall experience on defense virtually across the entire back end. It's hard enough to play any position in the NFL. It's especially harder when you lack a veteran presence that's been around the block for years on end.

We went from Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson, Church, Smith & Posluszny to Herndon, Bouye, Harrison, Wilson, Williams & Alexander/Jacobs all within a year in a half. It's a combination of him having to think but also trying to over compensate at his position where he's also having to rely on four other guys with very, very limited experience behind him or around him. I hope they turn it around. I really do.

It's frustrating that Ramsey has chosen to show his [BLEEP]. Just like Telvin Smith decided to show his [BLEEP] during the off season and essentially force this front office to address his position by investing a decent 3rd RD pick at his position. He essentially cost his team a potential addition to the offense or other area of need on defense. And that's AFTER he got paid and UNDER performed last year at his position.

Maybe they could have traded back without that need for another LB six months ago. They could have added more depth to the offensive line. It's too early to tell right now if whether or not Williams will pan out or if another impact player will emerge at a different position of need. But it's that kind of attitude that's really hurt this team.

And finally, when they appear to have found a QB in Minshew. These guys are not around to hold up their end of the bargain. But they were all in with Blake "I Love Budlight More Than Football" Bortles just a year or two ago. I think we've seen a lot of growing pains. But I am slowly starting to side back with Coughlin, Marrone, Caldwell & Khan with what they've tried to accomplish here.

Need more team players. And less divas. I'll be glad when they trade Jalen Ramsey off and he's unhappy at his next destination. I'll be glad when Telvin Smith is off the roster for good. They don't want to be here. I know a lot of fans are divided over that. But I am not. It's a team sport. Not a me sport. Get what you can get out of him. Add some more high character guys. High effort guys. I'll take Josh Allen, Yannick Ngakoue, Ronnie Harrison, Quincy Williams, Dawuane Smoot & Myles Jack over Jalen Ramsey all day, every day.

Jack had 68 total carries in 29 college games (38 as a FR, 28 as a SO, and 2 in his 3 game JR season). He didn't even play RB that much, you guys are way over blowing that.. He only had 69 total plays on Offense in those 29 games.

He did rotate around on the Defense though, depending on the match ups. He played multiple LBs spots, CB (inside and outside) and Safety in college. They loved to match him up against other team's best players.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Messages In This Thread
We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by jags_r_bake - 10-07-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by NYC4jags - 10-07-2019, 03:13 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by Talented Kalamari - 10-07-2019, 03:20 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by TheO-LineMatters - 10-07-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by Caldrac - 10-07-2019, 04:06 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by TheO-LineMatters - 10-07-2019, 04:09 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by NYC4jags - 10-07-2019, 04:10 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by Caldrac - 10-07-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by flgatorsandjags - 10-07-2019, 04:27 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by Caldrac - 10-07-2019, 04:43 PM
RE: We NEED Jake Ryan BAKE - by NYC4jags - 10-07-2019, 04:52 PM