Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee being placed on injured reserve

(10-30-2019, 04:31 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 02:46 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I'll never quite understand why Lee garners so much flak from some of you. 

I guess if you count having his knee absolutely torpedoed through no fault of his own, then he had some injury issues. 

Dude played hard for the team 100%.

He got hurt late in the season or during USC's bowl game, can't remember which, but it was a high ankle sprain or something that tends to nag a player for ages. He's been hurt a whole bunch while he's been here, and more importantly, missed significant chunks of time, to the tune of a third of his career thusfar. 

He's had one season where he played all 16 games. You're right, he plays hard, but does that cost him, in the long run?

I get he's missed time, all though I seem to think that's more par for the course than a lot of the board. 

But I think there's more to it than that. It feels like a large segment of the fanbase question his toughness and thinks a lot of his injuries are something he should've just toughed out. 

Allen Robinson missed quite a few games as well but you never ever heard mention of him being injury prone while he was here. It's just a strange sentiment to me because the guy plays his [BLEEP] off when he's on the field. 

More than anything, I guess I take exception to people metaphorically rolling their eyes with the here we go again attitude when he had his knee blown apart.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marqise Lee being placed on injured reserve - by Senor Fantastico - 10-30-2019, 05:00 PM